Can I make changes to my story?

Hello, I would like to make some changes to some of my previous chapters. As I update the chapters, I don’t want readers to have to reread them. It’s like chapters 1-3. If anyone can clarify this, please let me know.
I have had a few people proofread my story so that’s why I’m wondering if I can update my story.
Hope this makes sense. :blush:

Yes! You can make changes as you wish. It’s your story after all. You can have the ‘skip’ option for the reader at the beginning of the story if they want to skip the chapter…

1 Like

Won’t it waist their passes though?

Sadly yes…but I don’t think there’s another option…I’ve read stories where I had to lose passes because I had to skip chapters. But it’s worth it if the story is good :heart:

2 Likes

I hope people do find my story good! Also won’t I maybe loose readers for this?

If someone reads the chapter you update/change, they’re receiving one free pass, so they don’t lose their “normal” passes.
Example: You update 1-3, and someone reads chapter 3. They will get notification that the author updated the story with new content, and they’ll receive a free pass to read it for free.

You can add a skip option, but they will still need to “go through” that chapter to read another one. That’s why the free pass is also good thing, because they’re not wasting their own and they can choose if they want to read new content or skip it (if you add the code with choice for that).

3 Likes

Ah ok, so I’m guessing I put that choice at the very beginning?

Yes, basically you can add narration bubble with some sort of “i updated/revamped chapters so if you want to skip you can do it, or read it” and insert code for it with labels for start and end/skip story :3
for example:

NARR
Text here.

choice
“I want to read” {
goto start_episode
}
“I want to skip”
goto end_episode
}

label start_episode
##insert code for chapter

label end_episode
#insert code for ending

2 Likes

Thank you both of you! :blush:

2 Likes

I am terrible at making choices. What is my issue here?

delete label skip_chapter - it’s never used

after label star_episode I added note that you need to insert a code for the chapter (probably the INT. WARNING DAY etc etc whole thing)
after whole chapter you add label end_episode and the rest like thanks for reading my story, gems to support etc, idk what you have there

edit: you also didn’t close the bracket after goto end_episode

Ah thanks!