Can I take pictures for backgrounds from the Sims 4?

Hey! New creator here!
I searched through the forum and I noticed an article similar to this saying that there would be copyrighted issues. I guessed that was the case but what if instead of using the normal Maxis furniture, we use custom content? Will there still be copyrighting issues? Will I need to give CC creators credit? How is it supposed to work? I really want to create a custom background of my choice and I don’t really know any other way to achieve that in a simpler way than the sims.

2 Likes

I’d say no since the Sims would own the assets and also the copyright, not you. It’s also quite unlikely that they’d give you permission to use their assets in your story.

Your safest bet is the backgrounds from community creators (some require credit, some don’t) and also content from royalty free websites (no credit).

2 Likes

Hello welcome to the community as @schittwriter said you can’t use the bg of sim!!

2 Likes

Oh alright, that makes sense. Thank you so much. Where can I find those backgrounds from community creators by the way? Sorry if these questions are a bit annoying but I am new and do not really know where to start off. Thank you either way <3

1 Like

There are threads and creator on IG who have backgrounds. It really depends what you are looking for. If it just a simple living room then most creators have that but it might be something only a few do so if you give us an exact description of what you want it will be easy to point you in the right direction.

1 Like

Honestly, it’s no problem! We were all new at some point. (:

Here are a few background threads on the forums:

:cat_typing: HD Backgrounds & Overlays [Credit-Free] :blob_hearts:

:tulip: FlowerGriefer’s Backgrounds :tulip:

Official Background Sharing Thread

There are also backgrounds on Patreon by some users:
@amepisode @j.Miley @/Ck_artdesign (+myself).

There are also websites:

Products – Wincy Writes

Backgrounds | Episode Life

There are plenty of royalty free sites such as Pixabay, Pexels, Unsplash, PNGtree, CleanPNG.

Lastly, there are many users on Instagram who have Drives which contains backgrounds that they’ve made. :relaxed:

Also, if you need to resize images or compress them, I recommend “Image Size” which is an iOS app (if not, then resizeimage.net) which is easy and useful + tinyPNG for compressing overlays so they can be uploaded to the portal. There’s also a website called “removebackground.com” if you want to remove white backgrounds and create PNGs/overlays.

4 Likes

Why did I get a notification from this reply?

Thank youu. I don’t have anything specific in mind but I usually get inspiration from the backgrounds themselves. I would just like some general creators that are known for making backgrounds or overlays and hopefully that will later lead Instagram into suggesting more.

Oh my god thank you so muchhh <3

1 Like

No idea. :no_mouth:

Oh yeah, I think I know why. One of your links inside the post lead to a thread that I made.

Whaaaaaat. I thought that was supposed to be Wincy’s bg thread.

I guess you made a mistake. :man_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

Moved to Art Resources since this is about backgrounds. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.