Can Old Episode Featured Stories Be Updated?

There was a point in time where I had read every single story Episode had. This was before the fan made stories were shown. The Classic Style looks really old now, but some of the stories that were featured by Episode, haven’t been updated in years! Like “What Happens In Vegas” or “Campus Crush 3.” Can we please have them updated? I don’t know how many times I’ve messaged the authors asking them to update. I think it’s only right that they get finished.

2 Likes

I don’t think they will. I’ve been waiting for them to update Bloodlines and Love Sick for 5 years. Classic style has been abandoned now so I don’t think they’ll ever finish them.

I think that’s sadly the case. T_T But they could possibly remake them in LL or Ink and update them that way!

1 Like

I hoped they would update them into limelight- the stories they produced then are far better than their ‘originals’ now. They could be done really well and have a mix of stories (I haven’t seen episode publish a non-romance story in years) but I think they want to go in a different direction. Tbh I may make a feature request asking for this.

2 Likes

I disagree. I don’t think any author is under an obligation to write or finish their story. That’s just me though

3 Likes

Well if that isn’t the case, they should be. It seriously irritates me when a writer doesn’t finish their story. Especially if it’s an “Episode Original” it should be finished. I get that life happens and stuff gets in the way, and understand with the user-made stories, but if Episode is paying you to write the story and promoting it as their own, they should finish it.

1 Like

I think that sounds very entitled. Anyone can stop writing when they want to and if that’s the deal that they have with Episode, as long as they haven’t broken any contracts, then they’re not doing anything wrong. This isn’t forced labour :joy:

1 Like

No, it isn’t, but I personally think of this as a modern form of reading. If someone were to publish a book and not finish it, how would you feel? I just think it isn’t fair to the readers. It’s very disappointing to fall in love with a story and not be able to finish it. You may think it’s entitled, but I’m just speaking as a reader.

2 Likes

It happens all the time. It happens on Wattpad. It happens in real life. Some people just never finish a book series. We’re not owed that. It’s their work after all. As @ShanniiWrites often says, authors aren’t story monkeys.

1 Like

You say this like I don’t read. I’m an avid reader. I’m a writer and a reader and even before I started writing, i wasn’t so selfish or entitled to think that an author owed me anything.

If I like their story, I like what they’ve produced so far. They don’t owe me anything in the future. Of course, it can be sad and I probably won’t read anything from the author again if they aren’t trustworthy and haven’t continued, but there is no “ought” to about it. They’ve lost my business and my trust. Too bad for them. That’s just how life goes. No one owes you anything. I don’t owe them reads and they don’t owe me chapters. It’s a give and take relationship: we both get something out of it.

2 Likes

I think at a certain point, authors get so harrassed about it that they withdraw and lose interest.

2 Likes

Exactly! Also if it’s a featured or episode original story, it’s likely that it just lost popularity and they cancelled it like TV shows

1 Like

Arden Cole’s “Pregnant by the Bad Boy” …
You should read the comments. People are so nasty to her and I think that is why she stopped writing :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like