Can Somebody Tell Me What Is Happening With This?

I was just scrolling aimlessly through forums and I found this, and now I am confused.

Clicky

(The picture above was the last post on that thread)

I thought topics automatically closed after 30 days of inactivity…?

1 Like

Maybe someone hearted the reply? otherwise i dont know :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, maybe. You can like posts when they’re closed though, so I’m not sure likes make a difference :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

its a bit up and down, sometimes they close them on the day others, I seen go over with weeks. I have many topics there have not been replied to in mounths and they have not been closed.

3 Likes

it does, and sometimes it doesn’t. XDD

1 Like

Yeah, same. I have seen posts from almost two years ago not closed :blob_turtle:

1 Like

Yes :lol:

Actually, threads in some specific categories have that automatic closing after 30 days of last reply … for eg. directing tips category has that option while the Art Resources category does not. Such topics are either closed by the one who created it or archived after some months of inactivity. But I’ve seen some art shops not getting archived even after a year of inactivity. Idk the justification for this tho :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

@Sydney_H, can you tell me? If not, please close this tread.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is true but I thought only the threads in the general chat section are closed after 30 days

2 Likes

the mods manually have to close threads, sometimes they miss one or two

1 Like

I understand that, but I’ve seen a lot

Hi there @Cinnamon_Ella, thanks for asking! :smiley: Some categories auto-close their threads after 30 days, but others don’t. For those that don’t, the OP can just tag me to close them at any time. We previously archived all threads after 30 days, but due to staff reduction it’s now usually done when requested or as time permits. :smiley:

5 Likes

Ok, thank you! @Sydney_H please close this thread.

2 Likes

Closed by OP request. :smiley: