Can Someone Give Me Some Advice And/Or Tips For Episode Edits and Art Scenes Etc

Hey! I was thinking, how can i make better edits? Hmmm… I literally have NO idea! Please, can someone give me some advice and/or tips?! I made a few edits but i don’t really like them, so i want to get better. Thank you in advance! Greetings, GlimWolfje.

2 Likes

Look on Youtube! Scroll through the Share your Art, edits and drawings 3! thread! There are a lot of artists who communicate and hand other artists tips there which you can read and use yourself!

1 Like

Hey! I did, but I couldn’t find anything…:grimacing:

1 Like

Look though instagram artists ^-^ Usually they have some tutorials and tips)

1 Like

Hi! Do you recommend some Instagram artists?

1 Like

Takes a lot of scrolling :joy: you just have to look

Just look up on the search bar Episode Edit Tutorials and there will be some results!

Ohw… I’ll look again!

1 Like
  • episode.luxe
  • lexy.tutorial
  • efgraphic

:relaxed:

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll take a look! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::wink:

2 Likes

Hello @GlimWolfje, this is Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forum. :smiley:

Moved to Art Resources since Feature + Art Suggestions is for requests to the development team.

Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

I never did edits before, because I draw everything on my own, so I don’t really know If I am able to help you. The only tips I could give you is maybe to avoid black for shading as much as possible when editing the skin and such + a good balance between blended out shadows/highlights and bold ones :blush: Shifting the color wheel while shading/highlighting gives the drawing some ’‘Pop’' to it.

Hi. Thank you, but why avoid black? I’m sorry if I’m just being stupid right now … :no_mouth: And I think it’s great that you can draw all by yourself, I could never do that!!:wink::blush:

1 Like

Black can make a painting look very quickly dull. In art class we have learned about the object color and appearence color. Our skins object color is ofc depending on skin color ivory,beige,tan, etc. appearence color is what makes the skin look yellowish under sunlight, but our skin naturally is not yellow. Shadows cast automatically on our face whenever light is present. Those shadows are to 99% not entirely black but are darker colors with different hues as lilac wine red, brown etc.

This is an example of a youtuber who shows how he colors skin.
He starts off by using a dark red and using a bright violet in contrast. Highlights are not plain white but more creamy and Shadows as said before more on the red/violet side.

That does not mean that the whole world needs to paint skin like him, but its a nice example of how skin is not just „base ivory, brown shadows and white highlights“.
Idk if I have explained this right and if your question is answered, but feel free to ask me if something is not clear :smile:

Okay, thank you. :slight_smile: My question is answered! I’ll watch the video. :yum:

1 Like

No problem! It just makes the skin look more realistic and detailled, but thats personal preference :blush:

I only used black as a shadow under the head, knees and elbows though. And if the character is wearing a jacket.