Can someone help me come up with a better description for my story?

My description so far sounds pretty cliched and it’s not a cliche story but at the same time i want to come up with a description that is eye catching…
Here is my current description: You have your walls up. And no one ever comes in. But when you join a rebel gang, you feel attracted to the handsome leader. Can he melt your heart? Love, danger, lust awaits…

What my story is ACTUALLY about: It’s about a post zombie apocalyptic, dystopian America in which a totalitarian government reigns. And in this story you play as MC sofia who joins a group that wants to overtake the government and the story is about her journey of dealing with her inner issues, finding love, and of course becoming a part of a movement bigger than herself.

I don’t know how to add that in the description with limited characters and make it eye catching at the same time. Should I leave my description the way it is or change it?

What’s the name of your story? Have you published it?

My story is called break down my walls (lol even the title is cringe but it’s in reference to something in my story) :sweat_smile: and i have published it

Okey! I’ll totally check it out :grinning:

thank you! :smile:

No problem at all. Do you have instagram?

yes its @moonlight123.episode and that is also my author name on the app :slight_smile:

I find the description very interesting, I would love to read your story.

thank you! But which description though? The current one or the one that its actually about?

The current one

Well if I saw a story with the current description I won’t read it for sure… But the second one, wow, I will totally check it out! :slight_smile:

Agreed ^ Personally if a story description mentions a gang I don’t read. But your “real” description sounds really interesting!

I’ve just read the first episode. It’s amazing! :heart_eyes: I really think you should change the description because now it looks like some cliché gang story. :woman_facepalming:t3: But it is so much more. I will definitely read next episodes.

aww thank you so much for reading. :smiley: do you have any ideas how exactly i can change my description under the limited characters and make it eye catching at the same time?

I love this type of stories. Honestly, the word gang in the description will bring you more readers, but I wouldn’t use it if I was you. I think you should definitely include that it’s post-apocalyptic America and totality and joining the separatist. Let me think about the description and I will send you a message later, okay? :blush:

sure thanks! :slight_smile:

Hey! I’d read it. Maybe you could change the desc to something like what you currently have, but rather than you feel attracted to the handsome leader, you could put:
But when you join a rebel gang, something about the handsome leader makes you yearn to have your walls broken down.
I’m not sure. What do you think? :smiley:

Oh, I mean what you currently have, but perhaps replace ‘But when you join a rebel gang …’ (that single sentence) to what I suggested?

i’ll keep that in mind thank you :smiley:

No prob.