Can someone help me learn the British accent

Si I’m in love with the British accent and this is totally irrelevant to episode but I know there are people who are British on episode and I was really hoping they could help to get the British accent and change into the British accent permanently

7 Likes

I have a british accent, but i’m not sure how i could teach you :joy:

8 Likes

My best advice would to look up a tutorial on yt.

1 Like

I tried that but there aren’t really any…

3 Likes

Like teach me the different sounds compared to American 🥲

2 Likes

Lol nvm after about a month and a half I found a video 🥲

4 Likes

I think to get the accent naturally you’d probs have to live in Britain, and also there’s different British accents within England.

1 Like

Hey, there’s a Youtube channel I just looked at called ETJ English, that might help you if you still need it. I can try help, but not sure how well it would work over the forums. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

We could probably do it if u have instagram?

2 Likes

I know but I naturally have a partially British accent

2 Likes

Well yes, I do have Instagram, but I’m not too comfortable sharing my voice :sweat_smile:
I suppose I can help with pronunciation if I tried to spell the sounds out :thinking:
There’s lots of Youtube channels that can help with this kind of thing though. :upside_down_face:
What do you mean by “partially British accent”? Where are you from?

2 Likes

I’ve practiced the British accent for about three years on my own

Do you know what part of Britian the accent sounds most like? I think listening to people talk in videos might help idk, I don’t have one sadly even tho I was born and raised in the UK.

So I can sound kind of British if I wanted to

1 Like

Okay, well you can pm me if you need help or are stuck with something :woman_shrugging:
There are lots of different British accents though. Like cockney and scouse for example :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m actually viewing one now it’s a series called mastering the British accent

1 Like

Yeah, that’ll probably be more helpful. If you need something in particular I can try help.

1 Like

The ear sounds were a bit hard though…

1 Like

Ear sounds?

1 Like

Sorry the uhm ea sound

1 Like