Can someone help me with manual alphabet?

Not really sure where to put this topic, but…

I’m currently writing a story where one of the characters does not speak. I am planning for her to communicate only through actions and signs.

Context on character, because context is important.

This character, Cassandra, was actually born able to speak just fine. But after a series of unfortunate events, including extreme torture (not shown or violently described in the story, but mentioned), her vocal chords were severely damaged, so it’s very, very difficult and painful for her to speak, which is why her character in the story communicates mostly through actions (as the King’s protector, she is very instinctive and defensive), but also through letter signs.

So, for the scenes where she uses her signs, I need help making sure that I have all of the letter signs correct in my overlay/backgrounds. If anybody knows the ASL manual alphabet well or is fluent, please let me know so I can contact you.

Also, please let me know if this idea is in any way insensitive, because I really do value the opinions of my potential audience. Thank you!

3 Likes

Your story idea is very interesting but I don’t have any idea about the letter ASL otherwise I would have helped you but maybe someone else might help you. Best of luck with your story :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.