Can someone help with my story - Any and all advice welcome

Okay so I’m writing my story and I have the whole plot written for it and I know where the story wants to go but as I’m writing my first episode I keep feeling like it’s not enough or it’s moving too slow, but at the same time I also don’t want to rush it. I want people to get a feel of the main character. Has this happened to anyone else? I don’t know if it’s just writer’s block or fear but I’ve re-written the first episode at least five times now and each time I keep going back and forth with these thoughts.

3 Likes

How about you make a google doc. Then you plan out your characters like this.
Name:
Sexuality:
Personality:
Then fill this out: this is an example
Name: Katelyn Myers
Family: Justin Myers, Emily Myers, and Joseph Myers
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Sassy, Loud, Nerdy

3 Likes

I think I know how you feel, I also tend to rewrite my first chapters several times. It’s definitely not easy to come up with an episode that makes the reader want to continue, but if you think it’s moving too slow, I would suggest you to add more action/drama/plot twists instead of adding too much information about the main character. If you manage to introduce an interesting plot, people will be more interested to see where it goes, and they’ll still have the chance to learn more about the MC’s personality in the later chapters. So basically, don’t give away everything in the first chapter, but make the reader want to find out more :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you so much this is really helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Omg thank you so much. I’ve been looking for a way to plan out my story for a while now.

Of course!

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem

1 Like

Omg this is happening to me right now I just keep feeling like my story isn’t good enough and I’m scared that people won’t like it. You’re not alone

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.