Can someone please help! I don't even know

Can anyone help with putting the narrator thing and then a action because I can’t figure that out because I want my character to be talking with narrator while running… anyone know what I mean lol

1 Like

OMG i forgot how to do this @JemU776

1. OK, so here’s where your character is running on looping background and thinking using the NARRATOR/NARR box:

EXT. SPORT FIELD - DAY

&zoom reset

&speechbubble reset

&JEM stands screen center AND JEM faces right AND JEM is run_athletic_neutral_loop

NARR (JEM)
I’m a pretty cool person.

NARR (JEM)
The coolest.

#can add more lines of their inner dialogue

2. Here’s where your character enters into a looping background and then is running on the looping background and thinking using the NARRATOR/NARR box:

EXT. SPORT FIELD - DAY

&zoom reset

&speechbubble reset

@JEM enters from left to screen center AND JEM does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop then JEM starts run_athletic_neutral_loop

NARR (JEM)
No one can beat me.

NARR (JEM)
No one!!!

3. Here’s where your character enters into a non-looping background and then is running all the way to the third zone while the camera follows them, and thinking using the NARRATOR/NARR box (then they exit):

EXT. BEACH TROPICAL BASIC - DAY

&zoom reset

&speechbubble reset

&cut to zone 1

&JEM spot 1.280 -90 0 in zone 1 at layer 1 AND JEM faces right

&JEM walks to spot 1.280 400 0 in zone 3 in 4 AND JEM does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop
&pause for 0.3 then pan to zone 3 in 3

NARR (JEM)
I’m running across the beach, working out.

NARR (JEM)
Yep, just an average day on the beach.

#Overall thoughts:

Just note if you want characters to do animations while using the NARRATOR/NARR box, you can use & or starts:

Example:

&CHAR starts think_rubchin

NARR (CHAR)
I’m feeling great.

OR:

@CHAR starts think_rubchin

NARR (CHAR)
I’m feeling great.

You can even use then/THEN to combine commands with & for them to happen one after another while dialogue follows below. Ex:

&CHAR is think_rubchin then CHAR is idle

NARR (CHAR)
I’m thinking of an idea.

NARR (CHAR)
(Yep, I got nothing.)

Check out:

3 Likes

thank you sm!!!

1 Like