Can Someone Please Tell Me WHYYYY Episode Barely has Sitting Commands?!

I LOATHE WRITING SITTING SCENES!!! :sweat::roll_eyes:

Anyone else feel that way?! Honestly sitting scenes feel so stagnant… There’s NO REAL emotions… it’s the SAME three or four variations of the same thing! Am I the ONLY ONE who feels this way?!

PLEASE EPISODE GIVE US OPTIONS!!!

9 Likes

I hate that to so normally I just spot direct them down really far behind a desk and use any that I want :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

hahaha I’m trying to direct an interrogation scene but I feel so limited! :sweat::tired_face:

1 Like

I feel ya. I never thought about it too much tho, but I guess that’s just me. But I do agree that it is kinda limited.

1 Like

I’m the same, very limited sitting animations. I just spot direct have the character standing at the correct position they would be sitting and voila.

2 Likes

There are no flirty sit commands there’s barely and sad commands the majority of them are annoyed or angry commands they only have 2 leanback talking commands so the transitions on that look weird… I dunno I just feel like wet got a handful of options and you have to have a lot of imagination to make the scenes work :tired_face::woman_facepalming:t3:

Yes! I feel like I can only have small sitting scenes because of it :sweat:

1 Like

So do you zoom in on the scene?! :scream: because the scene I have idk if that’ll work :thinking:

Yes, I just zoom in and it works fine, if you have 2 or 3 characters zoom to 1, then 2, the 3, then to 2, then 3, then 1 etc.

1 Like

That’s why authors zoom in :joy: they just use any animation that’s not sitting because you can only see the upper body (if you zoom)

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll do that so it feels better I just hope it looks ok :joy::sob: Thanks

1 Like

It’s just frustrating :joy::sob: you know

2 Likes

No problem, and yeah it can be frustrating :joy: :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

I KNOW!! Like they just have neutral expressions while sitting. I need ANGRY and SHOCKED and I need crying characters!!

2 Likes

Yes! Thank you! We shouldn’t have to zoom in :weary::joy: it’s a pain!! Like what if we don’t wanna zoom! :woman_facepalming:t3::joy:

I sucked at coding when I first started like three years ago and they didn’t have the right sitting commands so most of the time I was getting errors left and right and getting a zoomed in face lmao

1 Like

I feel you on that I first started back in 2014 and my first story was in CLASSIC :tired_face: I only knew the BASICS so that met I only knew left/right upscreen left/ upscreen right and Center :woman_facepalming:t3: It was BAD :tired_face: we didn’t have previewer ugh so bad :rofl::sob:

Are you talking about ink or Limelight? Because with Limelight you have a wider variety♥️

OMG! I was going through the TRASH (a.k.a my old Episode Classic stories) and I only did like 200 lines per episode and it was just them walking upscreen left and all that like TRASH and there was only one choice dear god. Good ol’ days of using my phone to preview haha

1 Like

This is true but we want emotions to be conveyed while they’re talking.

2 Likes