Can someone tell me how to correct this?

Hey everyone. So I have created a scene where the character is walking while narration bubble is also appearing on the screen with background characters reaction at the same time. But I am facing problem with the time… Can someone tell me what’s wrong with this script?

INT. BLUE SCHOOL HALLWAY - DAY
&ZOYA spot 0.848 164 209 in zone 1 at layer 1 AND ZOYA faces left AND ZOYA is listen_nod_happy_loop
&SHIA spot 0.794 83 231 in zone 1 at layer 1 AND SHIA faces right AND SHIA is talk_handraised_happy_loop
&MAXIM spot 0.902 42 188 in zone 2 at layer 0 AND MAXIM faces right AND MAXIM is read_phone_neutral_loop
&IMA spot 0.839 125 198 in zone 2 at layer 1 AND IMA is talk_armscrossed_angry_loop
&MASON spot 0.884 283 196 in zone 2 at layer 0 AND MASON faces right AND MASON is talk_phone_sad_loop
&ADDY spot 0.965 93 173 in zone 3 at layer 0 AND ADDY faces right AND ADDY is talk_neutral_loop
&BEE spot 0.920 242 183 in zone 3 at layer 0 AND BEE is talk_sarcastic
&BONNIE spot 0.929 169 182 in zone 3 at layer 0 AND BONNIE faces left AND BONNIE is listen_nod_happy_loop

@pause for 0.1
@LUCIFER spot 1.154 319 99 in zone 3 at layer 4

@cut to zone 3
&LUCIFER walks to spot 1.280 -80 6 in zone 1 in 15
&follow LUCIFER to screen right in zone 1 in 18
&ZOYA faces right AND ZOYA is admire_happy AND MAXIM is idle_awkward_uneasy_loop AND IMA faces right AND IMA is blush_shy AND ADDY is idle_jawdrop_awe_loop AND BEE is flirt_fingerbite_sexy AND BONNIE faces right AND BONNIE is react_holdface_happy

NARR (LUCIFER)
Dialogue...
    NARR (LUCIFER)

Dialogue…

NARR (LUCIFER)
 Dialogue...

NARR (LUCIFER)
 Dialogue...

&LUCIFER walks to spot 1.280 -80 6 in zone 1 in 6

NARR (LUCIFER)

Dialogue…

NARR (LUCIFER)
Dialogue.....

&ZOYA faces left
@transition iris out in 2

I’m not sure if this is the problem but since you add a pause after this command, this might be why, bc the script doesn’t like when there’s a & right before a pause command. So try to put an @ instead of an &?

Example.

No this is not a problem…characters are perfectly doing their things…the problem is

1. The Mc who is walking through the hallway is not walking with the panning of camera…even when I gave used follow command.
  2. The dailouges, if not tapped at appropriate time, the Mc will leave the zone and if tapped quickly then Mc is taking its time…
    They are mismatching…
  3. And at last the Mc is just gliding to exit, not walking
1 Like

fallow is used only with simple directing - since ou used spot directing for walking you need to use pan instead the fallow

1 Like

OHHH

Just like @/Farah_DeSantis said, you’ll need to do &walks to spot - if you want to pan while walking.

Can you quote the part where the mc is exiting? It might be bc you have the & instead of the @.

Also the problem with the tapp - the dialogies are always depending on the readers tapp - and his speed

the only way how to have full control when the new dialogue will appear is to to turn them to overlays

1 Like

but howz pan going to work perfectly with the character who is walking?

1 Like

That’s troublesome

the gliding most likely happens because you have there 2 walking commands and the character most likely havent finished the first one in the moment when the script reads the second one

if characters does 2 thing is the same time it conflict and with walking it ends up with the gliding.

@Davideogurl This part

1 Like

Yeah, it is time problem… Even when I have given enough time for character to walk and narration to occur but they can’t appear perfectly

1 Like

Ypu just need to adjust the times right - if the scene is zoomed you often need to make zoom and pan together with walking

sometimes you need ad short pause before the pan starts to fallow exactly - its just playing with the scene and times.

Have you tried it in the app?

If not, try so, and see if that stops the gliding.

Its not zoomed and I’ve added a little pause of 0.5 sec + I’ve even added two points to walk, so that character can take its time to reach half way in zone 2 and then walks to zone 3…
But Its not going smoothly as I want.

1 Like

No I haven’t because I know trying in app will be no different than portal, as there is time problem in this scene.
Its not exactly gliding but its just sliding, not walking properly.

1 Like

Try this

&zoom on - in - THEN pan to zone - in - AND zoom on - in -
@CHAR walk to spot - in -

Yeah Ik that you meant that. That has happened to me before too. It’s usually because I used an & right before the pause command.

I tested it and this works fine for the walking.you just seem to forgot to spot the character BONNIE so she appears on rather random spot in my testing

INT. BLUE SCHOOL HALLWAY - DAY
&ZOYA spot 0.848 164 209 in zone 1 at layer 1 AND ZOYA faces left AND ZOYA is listen_nod_happy_loop
&SHIA spot 0.794 83 231 in zone 1 at layer 1 AND SHIA faces right AND SHIA is talk_handraised_happy_loop
&MAXIM spot 0.902 42 188 in zone 2 at layer 0 AND MAXIM faces right AND MAXIM is read_phone_neutral_loop
&IMA spot 0.839 125 198 in zone 2 at layer 1 AND IMA is talk_armscrossed_angry_loop
&MASON spot 0.884 283 196 in zone 2 at layer 0 AND MASON faces right AND MASON is talk_phone_sad_loop
&ADDY spot 0.965 93 173 in zone 3 at layer 0 AND ADDY faces right AND ADDY is talk_neutral_loop
&BEE spot 0.920 242 183 in zone 3 at layer 0 AND BEE is talk_sarcastic
&LUCIFER spot 1.154 319 99 in zone 3 at layer 4
@cut to zone 3
@pause for 1
&ZOYA faces right AND ZOYA is admire_happy AND MAXIM is idle_awkward_uneasy_loop AND IMA faces right AND IMA is blush_shy AND ADDY is idle_jawdrop_awe_loop AND BEE is flirt_fingerbite_sexy AND BONNIE faces right AND BONNIE is react_holdface_happy
&LUCIFER walks to spot 1.280 -80 6 in zone 1 in 15
@pan to zone 1 in 12

NARR (LUCIFER)
Dialogue...
    NARR (LUCIFER)
Dialogue...

NARR (LUCIFER)
Dialogue...

NARR (LUCIFER)
Dialogue...

NARR (LUCIFER)
Dialogue...

NARR (LUCIFER)
Dialogue.....

&ZOYA faces left
@transition iris out in 2

Actualy & and pause do not conflict,

& just means it will happen simultanously with @ under it - nothing more.

1 Like