Can’t see the points

So my story contains point system but lately whenever I have been trying to show my readers the points that they have gained , it is simply showing the character number , can anyone please help me ?

2 Likes

You have to write:

if (CHARACTERTHEPOINTSGOTO =1){

NARRATOR
You have 1 point with …
}

And you continue like that.

2 Likes

Like this ?

1 Like

If yes I had done the same but all I got was the character number

1 Like

No. I have no idea how this works.

Like:

if (SPENCER =1){

NARRATOR
You have 1 point with Spencer.
}elif (SPENCER =2) {

NARRATOR
You have 2 points with Spencer.
} And you continue like that.

It will take time but then you can just copy paste in the next chapter.

1 Like

Ohhhhhhh no no I am not doing it like that I am adding points after the reader choose a specific choice . So in this I have to show the readers their points after the chapter ends ….

1 Like

@mag2
That’s exactly how you need to show their points.

1 Like

Ok… but can you please explain what this is :sweat_smile: I didn’t quite get it

2 Likes

Well…you want to show the readers their Points, right?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

You need to do this as @Paula_Writes said.

if (SPENCER =1){

NARRATOR
You have 1 point with Spencer.
}elif (SPENCER =2) {

NARRATOR
You have 2 points with Spencer.
}elif (SPENCER =3 ) {

NARRATOR
You have 3 points with Spencer.
}

And then you need to continue like that.

1 Like

Ok thank you so much to both of you

3 Likes

This is actually correct, it just may show up as the entire number for you on the previewer. For readers, the actually number will show up. No need to do all that work.

2 Likes

The character is seen as ‘unrecognized’ (even 0 points) when the character has null points, which is the reason you are seeing character numbers instead.

It only happens when you are testing it on the portal and you did not tap on a choice that gives the character points. Your readers may or may not experience this depending on their choices.

If you want to avoid readers from seeing character numbers, you may want to add a 0 point at the start of the story (episode 1). This is to ensure readers who do not gain any points from the start will be shown as 0 points rather than character numbers.
@CHARACTERNAME +0

2 Likes