Can tappable overlays (choices.) be timed

Anyone know if you can make a timed tappable
Overlay? So you have X amount of time to tap the overlay before it disappears?

Note that regular timed choices are not an official part of the Episode code, and might be subject to unexpected changes or bugs.

This is likely the closest to what you’re looking for:

To make tappable overlays you can put one or more chats/messages off of the screen so when you tell the reader to tap, the overlay moves (in what direction you want it to move towards).

1 Like

hi guy’s sorry I might not of explained it very well
I want my trappable overlay to be times and after a certain time they disappear meaning you have lost the choice to tap them.

1 Like

Hi sorry I mean where you use an overlay as a choice instead of having the choice bars that disappears after a few seconds like a normal choice would

Yes a tappable overlay right? YouTube must have a via for that

tappable [timed : S] “OVERLAY1” {

}“OVERLAY2”{

}

Thanks apes I have tried that but unfortunately it doesn’t do anything after the time is up, but allows you to keep clicking on the overlays like a regular tappable overlay with no time

It should go to the second option. Or do it with else then either of overlays will be picked

I’m not sure what you mean by using else here’s what I’ve tried but they just stand there even after 4 seconds. The fail is there because I want them to get hit if they don’t choose an option in time. I’d hide the fail overlay of screen and I only want it to happen if they don’t choose one in time.

INT. DAD’S HOUSE OL - DAY with PUNCH with DODGE with FAIL
@BRYAN stands screen left and BRYAN faces right and PC stands screen right and PC faces left

tappable [timed: 4]
“PUNCH” {
@BRYAN is punch_jab and PC is punch_receive
} “DODGE” {
@BRYAN is stand_up and PC is punch_jab
} “FAIL” {
@BRYAN is punch_receive and PC is punch_jab
}

Try this:

INT. DAD’S HOUSE OL - DAY with PUNCH with DODGE with FAIL
@BRYAN stands screen left and BRYAN faces right and PC stands screen right and PC faces left

tappable [timed: 4]
“PUNCH” {
@BRYAN is punch_jab and PC is punch_receive
} “DODGE” {
@BRYAN is stand_up and PC is punch_jab
} “FAIL” {
@BRYAN is punch_receive and PC is punch_jab
} else {

}

@Apes
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

1 Like

I’m glad it worked! :smiley:

2 Likes

Why hasn’t episode employed you yet!! :smiley:

ps thank you to the other who have tried to help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Apes me again, turns out it doesn’t work :confused:
I forgot I changed the options on here as my tappable overlays are just called MA. MB, MC as i’m just practising these are tiles that are named this for a different reason but I used them anyway.

They still just stand there until I click a choice and don’t run out of time as it just carries on.

In else you should perhaps remove them then?

Unfortunately it won’t go to else unless I click an option :confused: maybe this just isn’t supported?

Tappable overlays are still in beta testing so it might be, but let me test this. Just bare with me, my laptop is super slow these days :joy:

:joy::joy: Don’t worry mines the same ha ha ha.
I really hope there is a way though otherwise it’s not going to look as good with regular choices