Can the Episode Characters Quit Overreacting Every Time I Don't Pick a Gem Choice?

I’m not spending 30 gems for a short-ss scene where y’all overreact because I’m wearing a supposedly “gorgeous” outfit that costs more than your life insurance. Same goes for dialogue choices. Fck off and let me be basic.

Do better with gem choices, Episode.

19 Likes

That’s why I never read featured stories (and because they’re painfully cliche).

6 Likes

I don’t read featured stories anymore because of this.

6 Likes

Faaacts
Then game and characters shame u

Wear the fabulous dress and look super hawt
Or
Wear your dull borning unimpressove clothes

then charaters either saw lowkey rude stuff cuz ur fashion

Its worse when the game ruins ur perfectly good outfit in dumb ways to make u use the gems

And on the subject…when u get room choices and the other room is comically horrible like u know they arent letting ppl stay there =_=

4 Likes

Yeah! Like in the story Hot Mess! The only available room for the MC was a run-down green room. Like, there’s no way in h3ll a real high-quality hotel actually has that trashy of a hotel room.

3 Likes

I like to call it cashgrab, because that’s all those scenes are. It’s guilt trip, and you’ll get the “ideal treatment you deserve” which you should have as a reader by paying them.
I will go this far to say that you might as well charge your app for money if your platform wants to be this sophisticated and premium feeling. But raining down on others with tons and tons of guilt trips to make them pay more for just one damn choice that doesn’t even pay off well, you might as well charge Minecraft players for discovering a Nether portal or a new biome.

4 Likes

It also gives a really shallow perspective on real life. You’ll get treated better if you look a certain way….which yes is true but we should be tearing down those biases, not promoting them.

2 Likes

Right! Like do these Love interests only like me for my gems???

5 Likes

I’m glad Comm stories don’t do this and actually make reasonable gem choices and even tempting ones!! I think we should just not read featured stories much🤷‍♀️

2 Likes