Can u teach me digital art?

It has been my dream. Can you plz teach me digital art?

3 Likes

I can…probably.
I’ll lend you my power :joy:

3 Likes

Do you have apple or android?
Wanna pay for the app or not?

2 Likes

I can’t pay rn. Android

Yes these are vital questions.
For free apps I would suggest Medibang, you’ll have to learn the buttonz a little.
But you can create marvelous art with it. I personally use my mouse on the computer.
After a few hours you’ll learn to work with it.

4 Likes

Okay, I would use ibis paint then (which is the best digital art app for me)

1. Use Force Fade (perfect for making eyelashes, hair, etc…)
  2. Layers: you want the outline to overlap the color
  3. Use Oil (Hair) for the hair
  4. Use alpha lock and clipping ( I can explain what are those if you want)
  5. Use different opacity with tools
2 Likes

What are these?

1 Like

I probably won’t be able to teach you exactly how, but I can help if you want! I’ve been doing it for a while now. You can PM me. :blush:

Here are so examples of what I’ve done.

7 Likes

These are beautiful. How did u do that?

1 Like

Do you know how to use MediBang? I use it for other things, but I like to learn to draw.

2 Likes

When you use clipping you can only draw over the layer you clipped (hard to explain)

How can you see in here the canva was blank so when I clipped the layer, nothing appeared

Let’s just say you put the first layer of skin, now you have to add value to it, what you have to do is had a layer clip it so you don’t end up shading over the outline or something else (like a t-shirt or the background)

When you put alpha you won’t be able to draw in that layer anymore

2 Likes

This is ibispaint?

Yep

1 Like

Okay. But what is it’s application?

wym?

1 Like

Where can I use it?

The clipping? sorry I’m dumb sometimes

1 Like

Thank you! I used my phone and finger and Procreate Pocket. It costs 5 dollars, but it’s worth it. I’ve been doing art my whole life, but I only started digital a year or two ago so it took some time for me to figure out how to transfer my style to digital. Honestly, practice helps a lot. It’s also good to ask for criticism and try to figure out what’s wrong with it. Learning anatomy and lighting is important too. I’m a perfectionist and pretty observant, so I rarely use references and can usually remember what things look like, but using a reference is never a bad way to start, especially for anatomy. Learning layer functions is important too. For instance, you can change your layer to add which makes it lighter or multiply which makes it darker. I always start with a sketch and add the base colors then build up shading. I spend quite a while on art, usually at least 2 or 4 hours. Once again, practice helps. So does looking at real people and artists that you admire. Sorry this is long. It’s hard to say exactly how I make art, but I’m trying my best. I have some tutorials too if you want to check them out.

1 Like

Yeah, I started using it a few weeks ago.
Here is some of my work.

Summary

Summary

5 Likes

amazing artwork!

1 Like