Can y'all read this ONE chapter of my new story and tell me if it's good?

So I’ve been working on a new story for over 3 months and I finally finished the first chapter with 10k lines of coding… (As I like to torture my overly perfectionist self with advanced directing way out of my league cuz I’m a beginner…)

It’s called Like Me Back and i guess it’s a comedy/drama ? :pleading_face: I’m feeling so demotivated as it took me so much time

(I’m 17 so im supposed to do school work but instead i made art and overlays for it😭) so I’d really appreciate your feedback.

Please read this one and only chapter of my story if you have time and **rate it’s directing, narration, cover and chapter length out of 5 ** :pleading_face:

Thanks so much! Here’s the link!!

http://bit.ly/EpisodeHere #episode http://episodeinteractive.com/r/s/4987817381527552

Description (not final yet):
You’re just a typical teenage girl in a romantic comedy except it’s your best friend who’s everyone’s favourite and your crush DOESN’T like you back. But will you still end up with them? It all depends on your choices.

3 Likes

sure i would love to review it <3
i’ll be back with reviews soon

1 Like

i think the chapter length can be a just bit longer
and if im not wrong for the 2nd choice, the reader message was duplicated <3
but overall ill give a 4/5
i really like your intro !!
i think it’s really cute :fairy:‍♀

2 Likes

Hey @shara.episode,
I have just read your story/chapter and i find it interesting …
intro:5/5 (its amazing girl)
Directing : 4/5( i feel like you can add some easing functions it’ll help your zooms to look/flow better and, in addition to that you can move your bg’s usings pans and zooms
)
speechbubble:5/5
narration:5/5
chapter length: can be a bit longer.
overall:4.9/5 :heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much!! This means so much aah! And omg I didn’t know you could use easing functions on zooms? And which parts do you think I should’ve panned across bgs better? Thanks a lot btw :pleading_face::heart:

1 Like

Thanks so so much for ur review!! I am so glad u like my intro haha it took me weeks. And the duplicate reader message was intentional just in case someone couldn’t read fast enough. Let me know if I’d rather remove it haha.

Thanks again!! :pleading_face::heart:

1 Like

The bar bg :blush:

1 Like

Thanks!! Oh you mean that my zooms etc was a bit off there?

I just read it and i think it’s really good!! The only things would probably be maybe make the chapter a bit longer but I would definitely read the other chapters when it’s published :))

1 Like

Omg this means so much to me!! Thanks a lot for reading haha :sob::heart: and btw do you think if I had more chapters out then the shorter episodes wouldn’t be that noticeable? Thanks again so much for ur feedback :pleading_face:

1 Like

Yeah i think it’s fine to have shorter episodes, and the only reason this one was shorter is because of the cliffhangers in it, and it wasn’t too short it was around 5-10 minutes I think which is fine :))

1 Like

Hi, I like your story a lot. It’s something new and I like it. The directing is great and I would love to read more.
One thing you should be warned about is in the bar scene. It’s a lot of characters and that can make the zooms and dialogs a bit weird and slow.

However in whole, it’s a lovely story, 3.8/5
Good luck♥️

1 Like

Oh I understand! Thank you so much for reading it aah!! While previewing the bar scene i didn’t find any weird zooms etc. Let me know which function seemed off there if u have time! Thanks a lot for ur kind words​:pleading_face::heart:

1 Like

Oh that makes sense, I’ll add a few more narrative dialogues and re introduce Aunn at the end. Thank you so much you’re so helpful :sob::heart:

1 Like

Hi, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean that there were any weird zooms in the scene, it’s really hard to explain, I can’t find a good word in english.

What I was trying to say is when there are so many characters in a scene, it can be too hard for some phones or tablets to handle, so it takes time showing it which makes the scene slow and a little interrupted. Sometimes the app crashes if it’s too much to handle. I don’t think it’s like that in your scene, but you should know that and be careful for future coding.

Shorter explanation: Many characters in a scene may cause trouble for some readers.
:heart: :heart:

1 Like

Oh you explained it perfectly and I know what you’re talking about, I didn’t know it was happening in my scene as I previewed it so many times! But yeah ig you mean the “loading” sign comes up in the middle of the scene often and the app crashes (I’ve faced this too in other stories haha). I’ll definitely keep this in mind for future coding! Thank you so much :pleading_face::heart::heart:

1 Like