Moana Motu high school
Alright, so what will make my idea different from the countless other high school RPs that make it to this stage or get created. Well, I wanted to focus more on the school aspect. Meaning classes, grades, and trying to pass. Of course, there will be socialising (what kind of RP would it be if there weren’t), but once it reached the end of a school day, I would do a time skip/SG post to the next day.
So, I plan to create all the teachers and play as them. They’ll all have different methods of teaching, punishments, ways to connect with them. So if your character doesn’t perform well in class then they might not be able to be involved in a school activity, like the school ball/prom or a sport.
This is a boarding school for teens aged 13-18 years old. It is located on an off the coast of New Zealand and welcomes students from all around the world. The school was established in 1894, the year after women got the vote in NZ. Although it is a mainstream school now and accepts all students, it still holds a high standard of learning and expects the pupils to be the best.
The NZ school system
New Zealand’s school consists of 13 years of school, 5 of those for high school. From age 5 to 18. Although, a student is able to drop out at 16 years old. Our school year also starts at the end of January or start of February and ends in December.
- Term 1: Late January/February to early April (Two-week break)
- Term 2: May to early July (Two-week break)
- Term 3: Late July to late September (Two-week break)
- Term 4: Mid-October to December (Six-week summer holiday)
New Zealand doesn’t use grades to know what level you’re in, but years. So, we have 5 years of high school:
- Year 9 (age 13-14): starting high school and has mostly compulsory subjects.
- Year 10 (age 14-15): the most relaxed year of high school and still has mostly compulsory subjects.
- Year 11 (age 15-16): NCEA level one and only three compulsory subjects.
- Year 12 (age 16-17): NCEA level two and only one compulsory subjects.
- Year 13 (age 17-18): NCEA level three and no compulsory subjects.
New Zealand doesn’t use GPA, we have our own system called “NCEA”. It consists of three high school certificates (one, two, and three), which help you with further education (university). Throughout each year (year 11-13), you collect credits through assessments and exams, and must collect 80 with each one to get the certificate.
So to get the credits, all you have to do is pass the assessments/exams. How well you do on them will only be shown on your overall grade at the end of the year or school experience.
Any more questions about the system, what classes are, or anything in general, then ask below!
Please read ALL the information below before signing up!
This will be an RP with SG elements (very occasionally). I could SG (write for) all your characters during certain points, but only if I find it is needed.
- Standard [roleplaying rules](Start here: Rules to the SG & RP Subcategory) apply!
- Be active and able to reply at least once a day. You don’t have to be overly active, waiting for people is all gravy since we live all over the world! But once a day is all I ask. Please tell me if you can’t.
- To counter number 2, please don’t be TOO active. No back-to-backs (when two people continue to reply to each other over a few hours)! I dislike them because the posts lose quality and don’t really enhance the story much! So not more than 3-4 posts in a row.
- Write in the third person, please try not to have the character be you and write in the first person. If you write in the first person then it makes it weird and harder to have bad stuff happen to your character, because it feels like we’re doing it to you.
- Write in the past tense, that way the story is logical and easy to follow.
- Keep posts to a reasonable length. A long one is fine, just not every time, else people will tire and not read them all. Too short and you’re not giving the other writer much to work with. Try to write at least four lines, not sentences (that’s about 9-10 lines on a mobile device).
- In saying that, please try to post all your characters’ posts, as well as their follow-up replies, into just one post at a time (if you can). This keeps the thread tidy and it’s kind to your fellow RPers. If someone has to go and is away for 12 hours, then there is nothing more daunting than returning to see 20-100 new posts. If you can condense 2-4 character posts in one, it’ll be so much easier.
- Feel free to ask me ANY questions in chat!
- Please write your character’s location next to their name in every post. It just makes it easier for me (and everyone) to keep track of them. For example:
Name of character || Location
As for the rules, I’m going to be strict and implement a “three strikes and you’re out” system. You will get two to three warnings (depending on how nice I feel), then you will be removed from the RP if you continue, and your characters may just be put up for adoption.
You can still sign-up for the first real-life week (or maybe two) after the RP starts. Find the thread here.
@QueenChid, @WritingAndRoses, @SilverRose, @Littlefeets, @Daisy_Flower1, @Wingsoffire, @Art3Miss, @Stargazer54, @EpisodeGlitz, @Cara_writer, @KBaldi93, @Secreterz, @Xoxo_dimples, @Miumi.hp, @AnimeOtome, @Chocolate_Mama, @Madilnel
This thread should be used for general chat, so we don’t crowd the RP with out of characters chats (OOC or ORP).