Can you start a chapter or episode with if/elif/else?

I added a set of choices at the end of chapter 2 and the outcome of the choices on the third chapter but when I try to preview through the APP, the third chapter/episode doesn’t preview at all unless I enable picker and choose manually to preview an outcome of a choice scene.
How do I get it to work automatically and in correspondent to the choices on the previous chapter/episode…
Sorry if this somehow doesn’t make any sense, I’m very confused myself haha… Thanks in advance x

It will work. If you test it on your app from the end of episode two, it should continue on without you needing to enable picker

1 Like

I tried that just now but I’m still confused. It still doesn’t preview… Sorry if I misunderstood.
Thanks though x

1 Like

So if you play your episode 2 from start to end and pick the choice that gives you the gain (the gain that you put in your “if” option for the next episode) and then keep playing your next episode, it should go down the “if” path. Is that what you’re saying you’re doing?

1 Like

The second choice corresponds with the elif label so when I choose the second choice, I want the corresponding label to play when I preview the next chapter or episode but the next episode doesn’t play at all… :pensive:

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much but I’m testing it on the elif option and the next episode doesn’t play at all unless I enable the picker or the navigation and click on a part to preview x

1 Like

It could be because you need to reset your progress before playing episode 2 again? Otherwise your script will think you have both gains and so will just play the “if” path since that shows up before the “elif” path. If you reset progress and only pick your second option, it should run smoothly

1 Like

It doesn’t play at all, I’ll give that a try though!

1 Like

Good luck

1 Like

Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve worked it out now haha… :smile::smile:

1 Like