Can't Decide On MC's Gender

Hello! I’m currently working on a story idea I have, and I cannot decide if I want the MC to be male or female. The genre is a thriller, and the description is as follows: As a third-year student at Blackwell University, crime begins to increase on campus–and all the victims are those who have wronged you. You’re certainly not doing it… So who is?

If you could help me choose, that’d be awesome!

• Male MC
  • Female MC

0 voters

NOTE: There are no love interests in this story.

There are nearly no stories with male mcs – especially for non-romantic stories. So, I definitely vote male. lol

Also, your story sounds interesting :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you!

And yeah, it’s a bit sad how few male mc stories there are.

2 Likes

Agreed!

1 Like

I agree with Cole. Most stories have female MCs, so it would be cool to see more male protagonists.

4 Likes

Are you unsure because you don’t want to go through the hassle of coding different branches depending on MC’s gender? Do you value “fame” (aka more readers) more than you do doing something different?
Think about these things. If you’re more interested in getting more recognition, then you’re probably better off with a female MC. If you don’t mind slightly deviating from the norm, but don’t want to code differente branches, then it’s whatever, but having a male MC is always nice. Now if it’s not too much of a bother, you could simply let the reader decide MC’s gender lol

3 Likes

Thank you for this comment! This is very helpful in deciding. (:

2 Likes

I’m glad I could be of help! :blush:

1 Like

Since seeing a male character as the MC/protagonist is rare, I’d suggest male main character.

(My [unpublished] story’s protagonist is male, by the way. And there’s a female deuteragonist)

2 Likes

Male MC. :star_struck:
Too many female MCs. :yawning_face:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.