Can't figure out how to zoom

I can’t seem to figure out how to zoom in on my character. I have looked at the guides and used the zoom on CHARACTER at X% in S formula but something’s not quite right. I’ve looked at other posts as well, I’m still not sure what I’m doing wrong.

1 Like

Maybe you could try removing the name “CARRIE”? If you just use the zoom helper on the right side, using this formula: @zoom on 0 0 to 100% in 0, maybe that could work! I hope this helps!

1 Like

FELICITY (cry_sniff_sad_loop)
Dialogue

CARRIE (talk_explain_neutral)
Dialogue

@CARRIE is laugh_giggle
&FELICITY is laugh_giggle

@FELICITY exits right

@zoom on CARRIE to 300% in 10

@CARRIE is deepbreath

If you want a character to do an action while speaking, format it like this,

NAME (animation)
Dialogue

But I want it to zoom in on the character, would that still work?
I don’t think I have a zoom helper on my laptop.
If I used this formula, what number would I put for 0 0 and what would this determine?

1 Like

What’s the error?

It’s saying that it is not a valid directing command.

1 Like

What line?

74?

1 Like

It’s because you created an outfit named CARRIE, you need to delete it and rename it

1 Like

zoom is in capital letters try doing it in lowercase

But when I select ‘CARRIE’ it says character next to it. It’s not an outfit.

Didn’t work :confused:

are you sure you didn’t created an outfit named like your character? because it’s pink, and pink means it’s an outfit

If you look at the right side of your screen, does it give you an option to preview your story? If so, go to the point in the story where you would like it to zoom on your particular character, and press the preview button. If you look on the screen itself where your story is being previewed, It should have a small button on the right side that says “zoom helper”. This will give you the option to zoom in and focus on a certain point on the preview screen. After you adjust it to a point you like, there should be a formula for the zoom you made just under the preview screen. Just copy and paste that formula into your script, and specify the amount of time you would like it to zoom on. I hope this helps! If this doesn’t work you could always try doing this on the app itself, as I believe you may also have access to a zoom helper when you preview your story. I hope this helps!! :blush:

Screenshot%20(218)

Going to try this now, thank you so much! :grin:

1 Like

No problem, any time! if you have any other questions lmk!

1 Like

try:

@zoom on CARRIE to 300% in 10

you forgot percentage here

1 Like

I would also definitely recommend checking out youtube as well! @JosephEvans has a whole youtube channel packed with great tutorials! They have literally saved me so much, and they taught me all about zooms and spot directing. I hope this helps, and happy new year!

1 Like

This worked perfectly! I’ve been struggling for a while with it and the solution was so simple lol.
Happy New Year to you too! I will definitely check out Joseph Evans.

1 Like