Categorising your story as Comedy but you're not sure people would find it funny?

Hey guys!

So I was wondering if any of you feels rather insecure when categorising their story as a Comedy? I’ve got some material that I was planning to shape into an Episode story but since humour is kind of subjective I find myself doubting if my content wouldn’t be considered dumb, annoying or even offensive. What are your thoughts?

1 Like

I feel like the same because I want my story to me action with comedy but I have a different sense of humor than most. I was thinking of asking my younger cousin for help since he’s one of the funnier people in my family.

1 Like

Comedy is so subjective. It’s different when people put their stories in genres that absolutely don’t fit it at all, but if you think your story is mainly comedy then put it in there.

1 Like

If your primary intention is to make the reader laugh, put it in Comedy. Otherwise, put it elsewhere.

2 Likes

Interestingly, not all comedies are intended to be haha funny. Shakespeare’s comedies, for example, are still considered comedies even though we don’t get the jokes anymore. And they have loads of death and stuff in them! If it’s light hearted and you intended for it to be a comedy? That’s more than enough.

I mean, I usually sit through comedic sitcoms without even a snigger xD you can’t rely too much on audience laughter

1 Like

i’ve been having the same struggle as well, but i just wing it and hope for the best :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like