CC, Is it essential?

Hi all. So I know that there are probably already threads about this but I’m making a new topic anyway :hugs: :upside_down_face: :thinking:. So basically, I’m in the midst of writing a story and I just don’t know if I want to add CC. I just don’t think that it would add much to my story and I think it would take away from it in a way (if that makes any sense). Like the character isn’t YOU it’s just you playing the MC. So maybe limited CC just for like facial features and hairstyles? Please give me your opinions and tell me what you preference as a reader is in the replies along with voting in the poll.

• I would still read a story without CC.
  • I don’t like reading stories without CC.

0 voters

Please help :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I personally don’t mind, but I put I don’t like to because I know a lot of readers who wouldn’t read a story just because there is no CC in the story, but doing minimal customization is such a good idea! I know how hard it is to write a story :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I think I’ll go with minimal customisation tbh because I am very aware of the demand authors who don’t add any CC get for CC.

1 Like

PERSONAL OPINION.

I hate CC. You’re playing as someone else, but as your avatar/character?

Just bothers me, I prefer seeing how the authors see their characters.

4 Likes

Tbh I usually feel the same. I don’t really like going into a story and being hit with CC. I think it takes from the flow in a way. The only reason I’m asking is because I know a lot of people love CC and it is essential to them and I want to see how much people actually care or is it just a small percentage.

1 Like

Actually not usually in the first sentence*

Sometimes it’s crucial to the storyline for example, the mc could be asian but if you’ve included CC then the story would make no sense as people would refer to her as asian when she could be white, black etc. So yes, i would read stories with no CC. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi there. Personally, I find that giving either a CC or even a limited CC can help the reader feel more into a story. Like if they could imagine the character looks remotely just a little bit like them, it’s more enjoyable.

However, I have read some stories where CC was EXTREMELY limited or had no CC at all because of storyline purposes and I have to say, even then, I did really enjoy it.

Remember that episode is all about visuals. So that is why many prefer a CC because they can imagine themselves into your story

2 Likes

Oooh yes. Another important factor is love interests. Many do feel that they want their love interests to looks exactly as they want, to enjoy the story. But generally, a CC for a LI tends to be a spoiler. If you wanted a LI to not be foreseen In your story, dont let your readers CC them

1 Like

Personally, I won’t read a story without CC because that’s the whole point of episode for me. I want to interact with the story and feel like I really have control over the character and their choices, and CC is the start of that.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I get what you mean. I think limited might be a good option.

I don’t mind either way! I think it’s nice to see how the author envisioned the story and characters. To me, I prefer no CC because the character is what makes the story, doesn’t matter if it looks like you or not because the character will always be who they are in the story regardless of how they look with or without CC

1 Like

Thanks. Limited CC seems like the best thing.

1 Like

Yes. As long as the character isn’t supposed to be me I prefer no CC. It’s just difficult because of the amount of people that do really like CC.

1 Like

write your story how you want to write it. It is your work, others should not decide that for you

1 Like

I’ll also add that even some CC is better than none. I’m fine with authors adding some restrictions for the sake of the story (I see this a lot in fantasy, and I think it can work well).

As a writer myself, I just don’t see the big deal if the character’s name/hair color/whatever is different. In the vast majority of stories, it shouldn’t make a huge difference.

1 Like

You’re right. At the end of the day I suppose it is always the author’s decision how their story turns out. I do like taking other people’s opinions into account because I feel like it’s always important to see things through all perspectives.

1 Like

Definitely! It’s always your decision!

1 Like