Change in Chiseled Angular Stubble

Is it just me or did you guys notice that the face shape for generic males, Chiseled Angular Stubble, has… faded…?

I really preferred the old one, to be honest!! :broken_heart:

Has anyone else noticed this? Do you still see the old one on your app/portal?
And if the team really ended up changing it all of a sudden, any idea when or why so randomly?

Please let me know if I should change the category I placed this in, I wasn’t sure :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

well it certaintly look diffrent.

I think the new one looks better. but the old one should have stayed, it could have been two diffrent once so people had option to pick.

5 Likes

Hey! I’m so happy somebody else made a post about this. I’ve been on Episode for a while and immediately knew it looked different as soon as I saw it. I love the original feature too! I have no idea why it would change other than it could be a possible error. I really hope that is the case, so it can be fixed! I do not see this feature in the Writer’s Portal and App, but it still exists because I have been playing other Episode stories and can still select it. This makes me hopeful that it’s only a bug and will be fixed soon.

2 Likes

the other beards look off too.

3 Likes

I don’t think theyve changed anything but the color because they all look different now, this is gonna look so terrible if characters have black hair now lol i hope its a glitch not a change

3 Likes

it looked bad anyway if the character had black hair, because scruffy beard doesn’t exist in black at all unfortunately, the stubble only exists in black, and the new beard face again, only exists in black. It looked bad with anything other than brownish colors. It looked bad with blond or grey hair too not only black. They should just let us choose the damn color for the facial hair instead of giving us premade ones. this sucks.

2 Likes

no literally, they change the beard colour because it was bad but now its lighter its still gonna look strange, because now the beards are lighter than some skin tones

1 Like

yeah, exactly why i said they should let us f.cking choose our own damn facial haircolor :joy:

2 Likes

literally, my character’s beard looks GINGER.

2 Likes

LMAO My LI beard is now lighter than him and his hair on his head like who allowed this

2 Likes

literally.
redhead.

he was supposed to be blond.

That’s comical LOL Episode should fix that

1 Like

@Tory can you tell the team this was one of the biggest mistake in the history of this app?

it actually looks like theyve tried to adjust the colour to match skin/hair colour
Capture
its just not quite right, because this isnt ginger now

literally try making characters with these fucked up beards.

it won’t match the hair color. because the beard automatically takes up the skin color. LMFAO. We can only have black beard if the character isn’t light skinned. Which is BS .
And now all the beards are friggin warm-toned. This is HORRIBLE. Ruined all my characters. GJ!

@Episode @Tory @whoeverworksforthisapp should LET US CHOOSE THE BEARD COLOR JESUS PLEASE.

1 Like

Hey y’all! The team was doing some maintenance on facial assets and some of the settings got changed. They are working to revert them back to what everyone is used to seeing. Sorry about that!

6 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Guys, update here!!!
The beard’s back :sob::sob:

Thank you to everyone who responded to this thread and helped get the team’s attention, and of course, to the episode team who duly fixed it! You rock :sparkles:

1 Like

Hello, everyone. I’m not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but I noticed a difference in ‘Chiseled Angular Stubble’ option in ‘Character Settings’ when I was previewing my character’s face in the Writer’s Portal and the Episode Mobile App. I suspect this is an error as shown in the first picture. The ‘Chiseled Angular Stubble’ is a feature that typically is darker as displayed in the second picture below. When I play other Episode stories and select ‘Chiseled Angular Stubble’ for a character- I do not have this issue. The second picture attached is what I want to see in the Writer’s Portal and when I am previewing my story in the Episode Mobile App. I noticed this issue yesterday. I hope somebody can fix this problem or provide some guidance on what to do. Thank you!