Changes Coming to Episode

Hey Episodians!

We’re still in awe over the fact that this year, Episode turned FIVE. :mind_blown: We can’t believe our platform has been around this long, and we’ve started to do a lot of reflecting on where we started so that we can plan for where we want the next 5 years to take us.

As part of this, we’ve realized it’s time for Episode to get a makeover, some of which will be really exciting, and some of which will be more bittersweet. As a storytelling platform, we’re thinking about what the next 5 years look like for both authors and readers. The core of Episode, the ability to choose, play and create your stories will remain the same – but we’ll be saying goodbye to some older features even as we’re preparing to deliver something new.

Here’s a sneak peek at what some of those new things are:

For readers, we’re thinking about our app performance (especially for all you Android readers out there) – we want you to be able to load the app quickly, resume the stories you were reading easily, and also have a smooth reading experience in as many chapters as possible.

For authors, we’re thinking about how to help you be successful storytellers on Episode – we want all of you to be able to tell the stories you want to tell, and while we have to think carefully about what that looks like, one thing we know we need for sure is better clarification of our content guidelines.

As a start, we’ve already mentioned some of these changes we’re making to our animations. In the coming weeks and months, we are preparing to make more changes to Episode, and we’ll make more detailed announcements for each individual change.

Stay tuned here on the forums and on our Instagram accounts to keep up to date, and as always, please do reach out to us if you have questions or feedback.

With love,

The Episode Team

UPDATE: We know many of you are worried about it, so we want to clarify: we do NOT have any plans to remove either Classic or Ink from the app or portal.

140 Likes

Woah, this is gonna be good.

6 Likes

Changes have been a long time coming :eyes: interested to see what exactly these will be.

8 Likes

Yeah.

10 Likes

Same, I’m also wondering what’s going to look like very soon. This should be very interesting.

4 Likes

:scream:

2 Likes

So mysterious. I’m very curious! I’m wondering if this might involve a mechanism for deleting defunct stories, as I’d think that might make the app load more quickly, no?

16 Likes

If the naked character glitch doesn’t get fixed soon I swear imma lose my crap.

20 Likes

Awesome! So exciting!

1 Like

I hope they will have a delete button so we can delete stories, soon as well.

The face glitch, and text glitch as well. XDD

11 Likes

:eyes::coffee:

9 Likes

Incoming chaos about art styles because people will misunderstand this.

I can’t wait to see the changes :eyes:

11 Likes

Looking forward to the changes!! But one thing that i feel should be taken care of is transfer of data between different OS platforms. :sweat_smile: years worth of collections are lost due to this! :persevere:

12 Likes

Can’t Wait!!!

3 Likes

oh man, I hope it isn’t Classic! :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I heard in response to a help ticket that they were considering a way to reinstate “friends’ stories” that were accidentally reported and removed from the app, which would be great, as I still can’t even play-test my co-written story on my own account. :laughing: It may not sound important, but I know I’m not the only goob who made this story-breaking error of reporting their own story. :clown_face:

6 Likes

Ohhh, I wonder what it is.

4 Likes

@amberose :eyes:

Yeah, okay. This sounds dope.

Oof. A new section for age? :eyes:

21 Likes

This.

6 Likes

I hope we get half of the Features we’ve been requesting for. Fingers Crossed :crossed_fingers:t5:

7 Likes