Changing Character Opacity?

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if you could help me. I need to add a character mid scene, but I need her to opacity to be low so she appears ghostly. How do I do this?

Thanks xx

You can’t change a character’s opacity, you can make her ghostly using overlays and their opacity.

How do I do that?

You need to save the background you’re using as a transparent PNG, then save it and upload it as an overlay. Then you need to set the opacity to 0.5 or however transparent you want the ghost to be. You then have to use spot directing to put the background overlay directly and perfectly over the actual background. Next you have to move the ghost character a layer below the background overlay. If you have instagram cher.stories explained it all on one of her recent posts.

1 Like

Thank you x

This guide should help. One of the characters in my story is a ghost and this is the same strategy I use:

Okay, I’m just trying to figure out how to make the background into a transparent png image, technical terms frighten me so I’m a bit confused.

You don’t have to make it transparent before uploading! Just upload it as an overlay, and then just code:
&overlay NAME opacity .25 in 0

Or whatever percentage transparent you want it to be.

Yeah, I just figured that out, but I had to resize it to make it the correct png size and now I can’t get the overlay to fit in the scene where it should. Would you be able to help?

Just keep it the same size (dimensions-wise) as the original background and it should sit perfectly in place. If the file size is too large, don’t scale it down - just compress it using an online PNG compressor.

Okay, thanks, I’ll try that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.