Chapters/episodes need to be more organised

Some authours take advantage of the fact that there is no limit to episodes per stories and even if there was it would have to be pretty high since there are some stories out there with 60+ episodes in the same season, it would honestly be cool if the limit was 20 and If you want a new season you’d have to request for it like in real show business, that way authours will not really have the opportunity to make really fragmented episodes because they have no limit so they just make like 70 episodes, this would also encourage readers to actually plan the story out, instead of just going with the flow and planning the first 3 episodes but after that seeing where the story takes them and it’s miraculous that stories with no consistent plot are popular because they just put a sex scene in every episode

Like if you support this notion, and share your opinion on chapters being more organised if you like cluttered 70 episode stories that are impossible to replay then still share your opinion

3 Likes

I dont think it would help actuallly I dont think this is a good idea at all.

9 Likes

You say impossible to replay, but is that more because you don’t want to spend the passes to reread?
These aren’t TV shows that someone pays to produce, these are stories people write. I don’t see JK Rowling asking if she can write another story. Many stories have multiple seasons in one story. Its hard to start a new story for a new season because of creation of characters and outfits. If you don’t want to reread a long story, that’s your choice.
I’ve read both Dripping Mascara and Speak multiple times and they both have over 90 Episodes each.

8 Likes

AnnieAEpisode

December 19

You say impossible to replay, but is that more because you don’t want to spend the passes to reread?

These aren’t TV shows that someone pays to produce, these are stories people write. I don’t see JK Rowling asking if she can write another story. Many stories have multiple seasons in one story. Its hard to start a new story for a new season because of creation of characters and outfits. If you don’t want to reread a long story, that’s your choice.

I’ve read both Dripping Mascara and Speak multiple times and they both have over 90 Episodes each.

You don’t get it, it gives authors an excuse to write 300 line nonsense and make up for it thru like 10 episode so in total they only have 7 episodes broken into 70 parts and I want to spend passes but without a new season or at least a change, the stories get boring and I’m mostly throwing shade at the authors so pls guys leave episode out of this

1 Like

I’ve never really understood why authors have seasons of their stories, but at the end of the day it’s their story and up to them :blush:

2 Likes

If I feel like I’m wasting a pass because the episodes are real short or whatever, I just quit reading. You learn habits of authors. Most stories I read have 15-20 minute long episodes full of interesting and engaging content.

2 Likes

I don’t get what you’re saying? If you think a story is going to long in length and is a waste of passes just stop reading. If I feel something is dragging out like past 70+ chapters or whatever I just stop reading it. People have the right to make their stories however long they want.

How does this even matter to you? Aren’t you the same person who said on a previous thread that you don’t read user stories?

8 Likes

I think the authors have a right to choose what they want to do. It also gets complicated when you do multiple stories. You have to recreate all the episodes and outfits and stuff…

Honestly, my story is probably going to be around 40 episodes…

3 Likes

Both of which are well-paced, well-written and entertaining despite having lots of episodes.
(And both of which are proof that it’s possible to have long stories that aren’t 300 line nonsense lol)

6 Likes

Or like my new story there use point system a lot and you can not transfor points. or how about a season with diffrent endings. then how shall you make it make sense if you can not code it diffrent for people

5 Likes

Like I have it because I need to do a lot of time jumps. and because the plot of it ended but the story is not finish.

2 Likes
  1. I said that I don’t read some quote on quote later on because they are awful, some of them are actually good but drag it to far
  2. I said I was throwing shade at the AUTHOURS not episode please I don’t wan to hear about episode on this and it’s just constructive criticism, pls stop over-hyping it
1 Like

some people also make short chapters because they keep getting ask when is next chapter so they rush a short one out.

2 Likes

No, the pace of the story matters and some need the slow pace that has 30+ chapters like slow burn romances. It’s really exactly the same thing only slightly inconveniencing readers and authors (readers a lot less)

Let’s say an author named Wila plans out a 60 chapter story.

She plans and creates everything she needs for the story and then has to create every outfit and character over again and if there was a point system forget it. Customization forget it.

So now the reader has to find the second story, rechose or lose out on the choices system and recustomize or there isn’t any cc.

Now the fanmail

4 Likes

I do agree it’d be nice to have different seasons as seperate stories, but then if there would be some kind of limit as to how many chapters a story can have… I don’t think it’d be a good idea. Some stories just might be a bit slower paced and might need more chapters, some might just me a longer story in general, and then having a limit would make it so that they have to cut the story suddenly and have the same story continue in a different story ya know.

And if the limit was 20 chapters every ‘‘season’’ would have to be very quick paced, and to some genres that might not matter but something like romance stories are kinda boring to read if there’d only be 20 chapters.

Let’s say someone writes a romance story, they want the 2 mc’s to fall in love, maybe get married and have children. They can make another season which would be about the lives after getting children. But, as to the first season, just think how fast it’d have to be for them to start a relationship. You wouldn’t have almost any time to make important character development in the story, the relationship would feel rushed, you wouldn’t get that ‘‘yes, finally’’ moment when reading.

4 Likes

I understood that you’re throwing shade at authors, I just don’t agree with. And this is not “constructive criticism”. Authors can make their stories however long they want. Sometimes they go long but some stories are long.

What you’re suggesting doesn’t even make sense. The very first story on the app, Campus Crush was 113 episodes long. Some stories are specifically planned to be 60+ chapters. Sounds like you’re just personally annoyed that there are stories which are very long.

6 Likes

You say to leave Episode out of it and that you are throwing shade at authors, but that’s exactly who we are defending… AUTHORS. Community authors who are NOT employed by Episode that write as a hobby and publish their creative works on the Episode platform. You say that it’s constructive criticism but you say yourself you are throwing shade. Throwing shade is not constructive, it’s “a subtle way of disrespecting or ridiculing someone verbally or nonverbally.

Like it has been said before, there are stories that are long because that is their designed purpose. Slow burn, well-paced, well thought out stories. Could authors break them up into different seasons? Sure, but then some readers would start with season 3 and then be confused. I am thinking of some of my favorite books that are 700-1000 pages long. It’s no difference.
There are also stories where choices matter, and when you create a new story, everything is zeroed out. That means choices in story 1 are definitely not remembered in story 2. The only way for choices to matter, is it to be in one continuous story. One longer story that comes to mind where choices matter is Dead Roses. It currently has over 45 episodes and is still ongoing. If a new story was created after episode 20, the choices you made would not be remembered so what would be the point of reading the first 20 if they had no impact since your choices determine the ending of the story. It is very well-paced, engaging, and highly recommended.

Just because Episode has now taken to only publishing 10-12 episode long stories does not mean that community authors should inhibit their creativity and have their voice minimized for your “show business” demands. Once again, I refer to authors who have long-running series of books who do not ask for permission to write another. They write it, and if a reader wants to read it, they read it. Same with community author stories.
While some stories ARE like movies in their style of directing, Episode is a READING app and some stories are like visual novels. Episode: CHOOSE YOUR STORY not animated tappable TV show.
:wink:

8 Likes

Yeah, I get why some authors choose to do several short chapters. They tend to trend better as they are easily bingeable and you can read an episode during a TV commercial. I prefer, however, to not feel like I’m wasting a pass, especially since unlimited passes disappeared.

4 Likes

I agree with this despite me having a season two in my story :joy: but the work and effort you have to put into it for a brand new story just for a part 2. Recreating your characters, outfits, adding background characters :sneezing_face: all that is work. And, if I’m going to do that, then it’s going to be a completely new story.

1 Like

Y’all are not understanding what I’m saying, I’m saying that the stories season’s should be joined, just not display 60 episodes for example, episode instead of just saying episode 6 they say s1 episode 6, I’m saying there needs to be a demarcation

Say I’m insulting authours but idc, Everything needs to be insulted and criticized to get better, without hurtful suggestions and comments everything would be chaos, we can’t all live in candy land where it’s unicorn fun times forever (off topic but… )

Even if I had a grudge agains long stories, it does not really concern the argument