Character changes back into clothes that reader pick

So in my story I let the readers pick the clothes the MC would wear in one scene but I want the MC to wear the same clothes in a different scene, how can I do that without it picking a entirely different outfit?

Choice Scene where reader picks outfit

Scene where I want the outfit to be at again

This outfit is not one of the choices shown in the other picture

I tried using gains but that doesn’t seem to help as it picks an entirely different outfit

1 Like

Use gains. For example, you can write this:

choice
“Blue Skirt”{
#blah
gain blue_skirt
}
“Knitted Coat”{
#blah
gain knitted_coat
}
“White Shoes”{
#Blah
gain white_shoes
}

Then, in your other scene, you can write:

if (blue_skirt){
@CHARACTER changes into #outfit_name
} elif (knitted_coat){
} else{
}

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I did do that but that’s where the second picture plays in, it’s not one of the outfits they can pick from. It picked an outfit from a different episode

1 Like

If it’s an outfit from an older episode, go to that choice where they pick the outfit, then add the gains, then after that, you can do this :point_down:t4: for the choice you added the gains for.

1 Like

There is a scene in between where they pick a gym outfit to run in but after that scene is finished I want them to change into one of three options again

1 Like

Yeah, so just add the gains for that choice where they get to choose the outfit, and then when you want them to change back, use if/elif/else to make them where the specific outfit again.

I’m getting an error when I do that

1 Like

The first time you wrote the knitted outfit gain, you spelled it as ‘knittd’, but then when you used if/elif/else, you wrote ‘knitted’. To the script, the gain ‘knitted’ doesn’t exist, so you either have to change the original gain’s name to ‘knitted’, or keep ‘knittd’ then write ‘knittd’ when using if/elif/else.

1 Like

Ohhh I definitely did not see that thanks for pointing it out :relaxed:. I’ll go change in a bit I got off the computer to rest for a little while

1 Like

No problem! :smile:

1 Like

It still does it :pleading_face:. What am I doing wrong?

2 Likes

Did you also change the gain name at the beginning? Like, where you said “gain knittd” at the beginning, did you change it to “gain knitted”?

yeah I fixed so it says “gain knitted” but it still didn’t work

1 Like

Can you send me a picture of the error?

I changed it so they’d have to pick out the outfit again but now im missing two scene as in it skips them :joy: