Character Contest - Multiple 1st Place Winners! (LL, any gender)

Hey y’all!

I’m in need of a decent number of background & supporting characters for the story I’m working on. Instead of just having everyone drop their character cards/details, I figured I’d do a contest!

Since they’ll begin to appear in Chapter 2 of my story, I’m going to be picking winners fairly quickly (by July 22 at 6pm ET).

Please read the rules below to find the password!

CONTEST PROMPT
What song best represents your character’s personality? Explain why. (If applicable, highlight your favorite lyrics from the song.)

Rules - IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
  • Limelight only (sorry InkMasters :slightly_frowning_face:)
  • Fill out the entry form included below in its entirety to be considered! You may use character cards instead of the entry form template, I just need all the info listed!
  • If you have an Instagram, please follow me on @itsrina.ep so that I can tag you if you win! I’ll be going by the honesty policy on this one, so if you enter & don’t follow, please include in your submission form that you don’t have an Instagram.
  • Tag at least one person in your entry post to spread the love!
  • Submit your entry by 6pm ET on July 22 to be considered!
  • I will do my best to keep the authenticity of your character, but please understand that I may need to change their outfit for certain scenes. This is why your explanation of the song will be especially helpful.
  • Multiple entries are allowed.
  • In order for your submission to count, you must use the password feeling spicy

PRIZES

1st Place (multiple winners)
  • Background character in primary story line, featured multiple times.
  • At least one line of dialogue & potentially minor active part in story
  • If winning character is from a story, receive an individual story shoutout. If winning character represents you, receive an author shoutout ft. one of your stories of my choice
  • Edit from me if requested (any type - character card, pfp, cover, background, etc. just nothing hand-drawn.)
2nd Place (multiple winners)
  • Background character in primary story line, featured multiple times.
  • Group shoutout during scene character appears in.
  • Edit from me if requested (any type - character card, pfp, cover, background, etc. just nothing hand-drawn.)
3rd Place (multiple winners)
  • Background character in secondary story line (featured at least once)
  • Group shoutout at end of episode

If there is a prize you think should be included that I haven’t listed, feel free to suggest! I may add it in :wink:

EDIT EXAMPLES
I don’t have a ton because I have been working on more drawn stuff for my art scenes, but a couple of examples to show I’m capable (please do not use without asking - I’ll generally say yes though :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:):

Character Card

Cover w/ Custom Pose

Splashes

Background Edits

Background Edits (Time of Day)

ENTRY FORMS

Blank Entry Form
  • Password

• Instagram Username:

• Forum Username:

• Character Name:

• Character Gender:

• Character age:

• Character Partner Preference (men, women, both, etc.):

• Character Body Type:

• Skin color:

• Brow shape & color:

• Eye shape & color:

• Hair type & color:

• Lip shape & color:

• Nose shape:

• Face shape:

• Any additional features (freckles, tattoos, etc. be specific!):

• Outfit details (please include all clothes & any accessories / shoes if you would like them):

• Screenshot / picture of your character:

• Song Title & Artist:

• Link to song:

• Any favorite lyrics okay to leave blank if not applicable:

• Why does this song represent your character’s personality?:

Example Filled Entry Form - No Character Card
  • Password: Read rules to find :wink:

• Instagram Username: @itsrina.ep

• Forum Username: @ikaterina

• Character Name: Helena

• Character Gender: Female Generic Body

• Character Age: 22

• Character Partner Preference (men, women, both, etc.): men

• Character Body Type: Female

• Skin color: Neutral 03

• Brow shape & color: Arched natural, Chestnut brown

• Eye shape & color: Deepset almond, Brown light

• Hair type & color: Long loose curls, Chestnut brown

• Lip shape & color: Full Heart Pouty, Rose light nude gloss

• Nose shape: Defined Natural

• Face shape: Square Defined

• Any additional features (freckles, tattoos, etc. be specific!): Freckles Heavy (04-07)

• Outfit details (please include all clothes & any accessories / shoes if you would like them): Leaf motif beaded bracelet metal gold, ringed long chain necklace metal gold, gold glitter small clutch cotton gold, tight spaghetti strap dress satin green teal, elastic heeled open toed boots pleather yellow, dual toned feathers orange yellow, off shoulder striped sweater cotton yellow blue

• Song Title & Artist: Honey by Kehlani

• Link to song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQu2j6Y357U

• Any favorite lyrics okay to leave blank if not applicable: Cause I’m a beautiful wreck / A colorful mess, but I’m funny … / … Colored out the lines / I came to find, my fire was fate with you

• Why does this song represent your character’s personality?: Helena is bold, externally optimistic, warm, and has a cheesy sense of humor. She’s naturally a people-pleaser but she’s learning to be selfish and go after what she wants.

Example Filled Entry Form - With Character Card
  • Password: Read rules to find :wink:

• Instagram Username: @itsrina.ep

• Forum Username: @ikaterina

• Character Gender: Female

• Character Age: 22

• Character Partner Preference (men, women, both, etc.): men

• Character Body Type: Female Generic Body

• Skin color: Neutral 03

• Brow shape & color: Arched natural, Chestnut brown

• Eye shape & color: Deepset almond, Brown light

• Hair type & color: Long loose curls, Chestnut brown

• Lip shape & color: Full Heart Pouty, Rose light nude gloss

• Nose shape: Defined Natural

• Face shape: Square Defined

• Any additional features (freckles, tattoos, etc. be specific!): Freckles Heavy (04-07)

• Song Title & Artist: Honey by Kehlani

• Link to song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQu2j6Y357U

• Any favorite lyrics okay to leave blank if not applicable: Cause I’m a beautiful wreck / A colorful mess, but I’m funny … / … Colored out the lines / I came to find, my fire was fate with you

• Why does this song represent your character’s personality?: Helena is bold, externally optimistic, warm, and has a cheesy sense of humor. She’s naturally a people-pleaser but she’s learning to be selfish and go after what she wants.

Please feel free to ask any questions as they come up - I’m happy to answer!

CONFIRMED ENTRIES

1. @medusa.jett
  2. @Roy - Roy
  3. @Roy - Alec
  4. @Aquabelle
  5. @Amphia
  6. @Youngbl00d
  7. @epy.neha
  8. @written.by.cat

PENDING ENTRIES

My tags

Sorry y’all I don’t know that many people on here and don’t want this to flop :see_no_evil:

@Night_mare @Youngbl00d @medusa.jett

6 Likes

Just to spread the attention

Tags

@queenscribbles @pilot @Fierce @maddie.nicole @nicollil @BluMoon @elena.epi @tanmayi0130 @Snapshot @TalesByMim @Courtana @episodemichi @DayBlxssxm @Roy @ciciliano @ItsTerra

apologies if you didn’t want to be tagged!

11 Likes

Forums Username: medusa.jett
Pw: spicy

1 Like

tysm :blob_hearts: & you wonder why i :heart: u

1 Like

Hey! Hope you are fine. My stories are in ink. Can I apply with their limelight versions. And I want to apply for both boy and girl as a couple. Is it possible?! If possible then, should I apply seperaetly or together?!

You can absolutely apply with their limelight versions! I have nothing against ink whatsoever :slight_smile:

Yes! You can apply for both & I’ll make a note of them being a couple. Even if they don’t win the same level of prizes, I’ll make sure to not pair them up with any other characters!

Please submit separately but you can do both in the same post (let me know if that doesn’t make sense).

It makes sense, I understood. Thank you. And good luck with your contest. I will be joining.

1 Like

Can you please update with your forum username and the password to show you’ve read all the rules :heart:

Yes I edited it :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

im not joining bc u didnt wanna kill cia :triumph:
jk im joining ill follow on insta later :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

you killed cia first, remember?

2 Likes

noooooooooooooo

1 Like

technically she’s right

1 Like
  • Password : feeling spicy
  • Instagram Username: : @roy_episode
  • Forum Username: Roy
  • Character Name: Alec Silver
  • Character Gender: Male
  • Character age: 24
  • Character Partner Preference (men, women, both, etc.): Women (Roy)
  • Character Body Type: Male Slim Body
  • Skin color: Rose 03
  • Brow shape & color: Straight Medium Scar, Black
  • Eye shape & color: Oval Wide, Grey Cool
  • Hair type & color: Medium Taper Wavy, Warm White
  • Lip shape & color: Small heart, Fair Neutral Matte
  • Nose shape: Straight Pointed
  • Face shape: Triangle chiseled
  • Any additional features (freckles, tattoos, etc. be specific!): Rectangular thin glasses, black
  • Outfit details (please include all clothes & any accessories / shoes if you would like them): Rolled sleeve jean jacket denim blue, Distress ripped jeans denim blue Oxford, Slip on canvas grey black, mirror faced watch leather grey black, rectangular thin metal neutral black.
Summary

• Song Title & Artist: Animals by Maroon 5
  • Link to song: https://youtu.be/qpgTC9MDx1o
  • Any favorite lyrics okay to leave blank if not applicable: Baby I’m preying on you tonight / Hunt you down eat you alive / Just like animals / Animals / Like animals-mals
    Maybe you think that you can hide / I can smell your scent for miles / Just like animals /Animals / Like animals-mals
  • Why does this song represent your character’s personality?: Alec is a IT department guy, working with technology is both his passion and job. He helps Roy to find out the bad guys when they are hiding. So, I think of this song when I write his Character, as he finds out the bad guys with his skills like animals find out their prey.

2nd Character

• Character Name: Roy Liotta
  • Character age: 22
  • Character Partner Preference (men, women, both, etc.): Men (Alec)
  • Character Body Type : Female Athletic Body
  • Skin color : Gold_06
  • Brows : Arched Natural Scar (Black dark)
  • Eyes : Round Downturned Wide (Blue deep)
  • Nose : Round button
  • Lips : Small heart (Red deep matte)
  • Hair : Medium Shoulder Curly Bun Hair (Chestnut brown)
  • Face : Round soft
  • Any additional features (freckles, tattoos, etc. be specific!): Dragon Sleeve Tattoo Solid.
  • Outfit: Jeans Ripped Fish Net Denim Blue, Fishnet Bralette Thick Band Top Cotton Grey Black
    Flat Top Sneakers Flower Patches Black, Strapped Accented Watch Face Metal Gold, Leaf Motif Double Hanging Earrings Metal Rose Gold
Summary

• Song Title & Artist: Love the Way You Lie by Eminem (ft. Rihana)
  • Link to https://youtu.be/uelHwf8o7_U
  • Any favorite lyrics okay to leave blank if not applicable: Just gonna stand there and watch me burn / Well that’s alright, because I like the way it hurts / Just gonna stand there and hear me cry / Well that’s alright, because I love the way you lie / I love the way you lie
  • Why does this song represent your character’s personality?: I always think of this song when I write the character Roy, because Roy has a very troubled past, she lost her dad, she lost her best friend, she never got the chance to say his friend that she love him. Inspite of everything that happened in her life she became strong no matter what. She burnt in anger, in the fire of revenge, drowned in the ocean of sorrow and betrayal. Yet she said I like the way it hurts.
1 Like

your entries are confirmed & accepted! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Here it is .

1 Like

Confirmed & accepted! :slight_smile: Thanks for entering!

1 Like

Np

This is fun! Thanks for making this! Those edits look amazing, too! You’re super talented. :blush:

Good luck with your story! :heart:

"Tags

@epy.neha @AmeliClemonte @Valeriya.B

My Entry
  • Password

feeling spicy

• Instagram Username: @amphia.episode
    (I already followed you.)

• Forum Username: @Amphia

• Character Name: Amphia Lin

• Character age: 18

• Character Partner Preference (men, women, both, etc.): Men

• Any additional features (freckles, tattoos, etc. be specific!): None

• Outfit details (please include all clothes & any accessories / shoes if you would like them):
    Skinny Jeans Denim Grey Black
    Turtleneck Long Sleeve Sweater Cotton Cream
    Slip On Canvas Grey Grey Dk Warm

• Song Title & Artist: Blue Bird by Yoshiki Mizuno

• Link to song:
    https://youtu.be/N9LgkGBeQAc

• Any favorite lyrics:
    “I know you’ll spread your wing and take
    Off to the sky“

She knows that she still has a lot to learn, so she often seeks guidance and reassurance from others. However, she knows that she has to stay independent (and not rely too much on others) and believe in herself, because other won’t be there for her all the time.

“You say if you could fly
You’d never want to come back down
That you’d only have eyes“

Being stubborn, driven, and determined, she is the time of person that strives to achieve her goals. She always tries to be ahead of everyone and tries to be productive all the time. She finds it hard to ever take a break when tasks are looming over her head.

”Even the feeling I have for you deep in my heart
Must be expressed in words that I can’t find”

Some deep emotions can’t be expressed through words, only through actions, which is why she believes actions speak louder than words. She does not often say “I love you.” Rather, she shows her love through her actions by showing care and concern for others.

• Why does this song represent your character’s personality?:
    The lyrics about being as free as a bird, breaking free, and aiming for the sky represents her desire to know more and keep reaching for her goals without letting anyone—or even herself—get in the way. It represents her realization that perfection is subjective, as it depends on each person’s standards.
1 Like