Character customization or No?

When reading a story do you prefer to have character customization or have the author customize your character for you?

3 Likes

I personally think it’s better to have the author customize the character as it isn’t my story it’s theirs like their vision their own creation and changing the character would kind of ruin their POV as it would also change things in the script if they try to describe the chars in the story!

2 Likes

CC all the way!

2 Likes

I don’t change anything but for some readers customization is really important! I am suggesting you to add it as a friend.

2 Likes

I personally don’t read stories without CC, but that’s just me because I like to play as myself. Some people enjoy a story without CC, some don’t. It’s different for everyone and up to you if you give CC or not.

3 Likes

personally i don’t really care about CC, the author envisioned them to look like that so i usually just leave them as they are (very rarely will i change anything) and if there’s any character descriptions and art scenes in that story it just makes more sense to keep them that way!

1 Like

depends on if the reader likes the characters looks! if you didn’t put CC and then made the MC look like a goose then i would think they would click off! so just to be safe i’d put CC just incase that is the situation. however don’t let them have the option of CC every chapter since that would get a lil confusing for you.
<3

2 Likes

I usually from a reader perspective will change eyes if I don’t like them (shape). I will change hair style and sometimes skin color if the character looks pale, like pale pale. So I would add CC, you can always do limited CC, but hair style, eye shape and skin color(sometimes) are what I change

2 Likes

I prefer character customization but I also enjoy stories with no customization.
I think it’s better to add customization in your story or maybe limited customization?

2 Likes

Thanks for all the replies I haven’t made my decision yet but I am leaning more on Character Customization as I want the reader to imagine themselves into the book!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.