Character Disappearances

Hi, my name is Emily! I’m experiencing some problems regarding my story. My male character is disappearing in the story and I don’t know what to do. His speech bubble is still there though. I would really like to know why it keeps happening. Let me know if you are also experiencing these problems. Hope you guys have a great day!

Can I see your script please

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - DAY with CAR ANGLE SILVER with effect HARD RAIN
@pan to zone 2 in 0
@DAD spot 1.280 183 -11 AND DAD is idle_sit_neutral_loop AND DAD faces right AND NAOMI spot 1.172 67 15 AND NAOMI is idle_sit_neutral_loop AND NAOMI faces right
@speechbubble is 111 336 to 95% with tail_bottom_right
DAD
(We should be there soon.)
@DAD faces left
DAD (talk_sit_crossarms_neutral)
How about we stop to get something to eat?

Looks good to me. Are you using the web previewer or the app?

I use the app to watch my episode play out.

Sometimes I have to close the app and open it again when characters disappear.

Sounds like an app problem. I’d file a ticket with episode and also make sure your app is up to date.

1 Like

Yeah, me too. It happens like every once and a while.

1 Like

I will definitely check!

Hi!
Honestly, I face this problem very often. First it used to appear with male characters only, but later started also with female characters. And I know for sure, that there are no mistakes in my code. My cure for this is as follows. I exit my story and start it again (not just update the script). After re-entering the story characters usually appear back :slight_smile: But can’t deny this bug being really annoying :slight_smile: Have a nice day!
And check my contest story “H & V: Fake Friend” after the deadline (which is tonight, OMG!!!) if you have time and desire :slight_smile: (sorry, for self-promotion, I really joined the conversation because of the annoying bug discussion).

I figured out a couple of reasons why characters may disappear. Skipping forward and errors.

Sometimes, when skipping forward, it goes by so fast that it doesn’t give a line enough time to activate. It does that with my butlers whenever I skip forward. Poor Aoi tends to always disappear and he is a sweetheart. You can easily fix it by going to the “navigation” button and reloading the entire scene so everything can play through. Or, you can close the entire story and open it up again.

Another is that errors can effect other lines. Because an error is unreadable, the next line may be labelled as the problem when it’s not. One error can also ruin lines and make the story mess up, which can cause a character disappearance. All you have to do is find the real error and fix it…unless the error is the fact that your background hasn’t been approved, yet. That sucks. lol

1 Like

I totally understand your frustration! It happens to me all the time. It’s so hard because I want everything to be perfect for my story.

It might be that I skip a lot because I do that often to fix other parts of my story. and sometimes my backgrounds appear to be black too. Thanks, I really appreciate this helpful feedback!

1 Like

Closing due to one month of inactivity :slight_smile: