Character ignores @faces command

I wanted my character to face left and right multiple times like you were looking for something frantically, but the character completely ignored it and went to the end of the scene (which is walking off-screen). I tried using @, & and THEN but it still didn’t work. I genuinely don’t know what’s the problem. Is this salvageable or do I really need to file a ticker or something? Thanks!

(The script just in case anyone need it.)

INT. XXXX

@zoom on 62 356 to 155% in 0
@pause for 0.5
&zoom on 62 356 to 107% in 8
@YOU1 spot 1.134 50 60 in zone 2
@YOU1 changes into YOU_undiesblue
@YOU1 walks to spot 1.134 -110 60 in zone 1 in 0.8 AND YOU1 is run_athletic_sword_angry_loop AND YOU1 faces left
@pause for a beat
@YOU1 changes into YOU_worknobag
@YOU1 walks to spot 1.134 150 60 in zone 1 in 0.8 AND YOU1 is run_athletic_sword_angry_loop AND YOU1 faces right
@YOU1 is talk_repulsed THEN YOU1 faces left THEN YOU1 faces right THEN YOU1 faces left THEN YOU1 faces right
@YOU1 walks to spot 1.125 50 55 in zone 2 in 0.8 AND YOU1 is run_athletic_sword_angry_loop AND YOU1 faces right

I think the problem might be that there is no pauses in between when she looks from left to right.

Maybe instead try:

@YOU1 is talk_repulsed THEN YOU1 faces left THEN pause for (TIME) THEN YOU1 faces right THEN pause for (TIME) THEN YOU1 faces left THEN pause for (TIME) THEN YOU1 faces right THEN pause for (TIME)

If it doesn’t work I’m sorry. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

OHHH you can add ‘pause for’ in the same line as the others? I thought all this time they had to be in a separate line. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.