CHARACTER NAME CUSTOMIZATION NOT WORKING IN THE PREVIEW - Episode Limelight

Please help. I am trying to write my first episode and I copied an pasted the female script template from this website: http://www.episodelife.com/2017/10/limelight-female-customize-character.html

No matter how many times I try to fix, it just doesn’t work, In the preview, it doesn’t even ask for my name! And then it calls me “Auto bot”. Will it work after I publish my story or something? Doesn’t it work on preview section?

I need help with this. Please…
I am not used to the new version of episodes, so please if you can, please help me out :frowning:
I would really appreciate!

MY SCRIPT FOR THE CHARACTER NAME CUTOMIZATION:
@ME enters from left to screen center

NARRATOR
So... what is my name?

label first_name_input

input What’s Your First Name?|What’s Your First Name?|Done(ME)
if (ME is “”) {
NARRATOR
You do need a name.
goto first_name_input
} else {
continue
}

is there anything wrong? Please find out for me why it isn’t working… :’( x

You don’t need the if/else if you just want the reader to add a name. Stick too:

input What’s Your First Name? | What’s Your First Name? | Done (ME)

And then add ME to the display name of the character.

Ohh!! Okay, I will try that right now! THANK YOU SOO SO MUCH!! xx

Let me know if it works out.

Hahahahah XDD Thanks!

I just did that right now, and it still shows me the same thing!
I called my character “ME” and I removed the choices of the if/else.
So my script now looks like:

@ME enters from left to screen center

NARRATOR
So... what is my name?

input What’s Your First Name?|What’s Your First Name?|Done(ME)

It still doesn’t ask for my name… and it automatically skips to customizing looks and it automatically calls me “Auto bot”.
what should I do now…? O.o xx

Do you preview it on your desktop or on the app?

I preview it on my desktop :grin:
I used to preview on apps but I don’t know how to preview on apps anymore! They took that off I think.
I can’t find any ways to preview on apps so I always do it on my desktop :slight_smile: x

Here’s the section where your stories should be:

And I can’t find the issue. Let’s ask @Dara.Amarie

Yes, I also tried to click on that but that directed me to creating a story IN the phone. My stories don’t appear T.T
I’ll try again to see… but I am 100% sure that my stories don’t appear there… I really don’t know why. I save them all the time.

And thank you so much for helping me! Yes, we can ask @Dara,Amarie :smiley:
Although I’m not sure who she is or how to ask… i’m new in the episode forum XD x

Okay so the input typed in codes don’t work in the web previewer so you’d have to test that part out in the app. In the CREATE section of the app, your stories should be under “Playable Stories”. If you don’t see any of your stories there, make sure that you are logged into the app with the same email you logged into the portal online.

Sorry for late replying!! My PC stopped working so I had to reboot…
And yes, THANK YOU A LOOT!! I will try that right now!

Thank you both so much for your help!! I really appreciate >.<
If in future you need me to do something for you, I’ll gladly do it~~ Thanks a lot by the way! xx :heartbeat:

@Dara.Amarie @RudeInception
THANK YOUU!! It’s working now!! I don’t know what happened XD last time I checked (few months ago) the preview in my phone wasn’t there at all! I am checking again and now it’s there!
It’s a miracle :joy::joy:
It’s all thanks to both of you! Thank you dears xxx :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

@Dara.Amarie and @RudeInception always have the best solution for your problem!
:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:
Since your problem has been solved, I suggest telling @Ryan and @Jeremy.

I agree! They simply give out the best easiest solutions! I love it >.<
And sure! Do you want to tell them? You can :smiley:
I’m not really sure how to use the forum yet XD I took so long just to set up my profile XDD Do i send them a message or something? Would it be awkward? :no_mouth: x

We are working on some more how to’s regarding the forum that are pretty nice. I hope to have them out soon and if you have any questions feel free to reach out to me through private message (Click on my avatar, when the mini profile comes up you should see a blue box labeled “Message”). :mage::eight_pointed_black_star::star2::star:

Closing due to one month of inactivity :slight_smile: