Character popping up in scene

Hey Guys, I am wondering if somebody can help me with the coding for one of my episodes. In this scene before it pans to zone 3 it shows zone 1 but the character isn’t already seated in the chair, instead she like pops up in the seat in the scene. How can i make it to where before the scene pans the character is not popping up into position she is already seated?

Below is the example of the scene:

INT. THERAPY OFFICE

FILTER: Rose Goggles

@set hsl -15 52 7 colorize with blendMode OVERLAY to 55%
&pan to zone 3 in 3
@VEE spot 0.920 159 208 in zone 1 AND VEE faces right AND VEE is idle_sit_leanforward_concerned_loop
@AZURE changes into Grey_TherapyOutfit
@zoom on 0 0 to 121% in 0
@AZURE spot 0.758 43 249 in zone 3 AND AZURE faces left AND AZURE is idle_sit_serious_loop
@pause for a beat
@speechbubble is 109 280 to 100% with tail_top_left
VEE
Ariah?

1 Like

Put & instead of @ for the characters and spot them before the panning and zooming you do in a scene.

1 Like

You say @VEE spot 0.92… before you pan to the zone. It will still work.

Like this maybe

i tried it this way but there is still a delay

Send me a picture of your script please?

i tried this method also and there is still a delay

1 Like

Oh.

You could do @VEE starts idle_sit_leanforward_concerned_loop instead of AND VEE faces right ANE VEE…
I don’t know if that’s the problem but idk it might help. Are they still doing the animation?

Or you could @pause for a beat before panning?

the character vee is the one who is still delayed i have to figure out why .i am also unsure

1 Like

By default HSL does a 1 second transition and your character will pop in after it’s finished, do either of the following to fix it:

@set hsl -15 52 7 colorize with blendMode OVERLAY to 55% in 0
or
&set hsl -15 52 7 colorize with blendMode OVERLAY to 55%

The first one instantly changes your colour settings, the second one changes it over 1 second but no longer waits for it to finish to continue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.