Character Scaling Glitch

I’ve been a writer for 2 years and I’ve never had a problem with spot directing until now when I created a new story. I thought I was the only one having this problem. I hope this glitch is fixed ASAP!

We’re looking into it!

2 Likes

Thanks Tory! I’ve been going back and forth with my support ticket, but so far they’ve just been gathering information under the assumption it’s just my portal, so glad to know the wider problem is being looked at since there are lots of replies here!

im facing the same issue, but i made both my characters today, one of them is working fine but the other one is glitching, both are new characters

Oh, so weird! Were they both the same gender?

no, the glitching one is male

did it fix for anyone? :smiling_face_with_tear::pleading_face:

Still not working for me and they’ve stopped responding to my ticket :smiling_face_with_tear:

Tory popped in earlier and said that they’re looking into the issue, so I have to imagine they’ve realized this is a site wide problem and don’t have any reason to continue working with me since they can replicate the problem. Hopefully they figure it out soon.

its still happening :smiling_face_with_tear:

Hey y’all! Could you try recreating the character that’s having issues to see if the recreated version is having issues too?

Hey Tori, I just tried creating a new character and they are scaling correctly now! The one created last week is still scaling incorrectly, though. No issue for me, but just so the team is aware!

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know, @anon6748744!

The problem fixed for me after creating new characters!

for anyone who has to create new characters as well and doesn’t want to update your script for each individual directing line click CTRL and F at the same time then type in your character name, click all, them delete the name in the script and replace it with the new one

1 Like

I wrote Episode a ticket, and after a conversation, they told me it’s a problem they’re aware of and are trying to fix it.

Yes! I still got this glitch and it’s really frustrating, I had to recode scenes multiple times :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Would they figure out a way to fix this glitch already? It’s so freaking annoying. It’s making me hate coding when I make a character one size and they end up 2x bigger than anyone else in the scene. And it’s always random-- sometimes it’s one character, then it’s another.

I think the glitch is fixed now, unless it’s started up again? I haven’t coded in a while so not sure. It seemed like the characters made during the period where the glitch was active were affected, but characters created now are working fine. Maybe try and create a new character and see if it works?

1 Like

I will try and hope for the best because it’s really annoying to practice more advanced code when characters are changing size every time I preview (and none of the times are they at the right spotted size :joy:)

Oh definitely, that’s super annoying and frustrating. Even as someone proficient in advanced coding I couldn’t handle it! Definitely try recreating the characters and see if it works.

If the character is already in your scripts, you won’t be able to delete them without replacing their names in the script. Let me know if you don’t know how to do that and I’ll explain it :joy:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll give it a shot :slight_smile: Needed to vent and can’t yell at my laptop with my toddler asleep in the next room :joy:

1 Like