Character stops walking

Hey, you all!

Can someone help me with this part of my script, please?

After this, there’s a change of scene and MC is not the first one to appear.

So… after the @pause for 1, my MC stops walking in the middle of the animation and starts to slide until the spot 1.280 161 -29. I tried everything but I can’t find the solution for it.

I’m thanking you all in advance for help!

You are not giving the MC enough time to walk to 1.280 189 -12 in zone 2.
Change the seconds to 2, or have the pause for 3 seconds.

…MC walks to spot 1.280 189 -12 in zone 2 in 2
@pause for 2

Your code:
&MC stands upscreen left AND MC walks to spot 1.280 189 -12 in zone 2 in 3
&MC spot 1.280 189 -12 in zone 2 at layer 3
@pause for 2
&MC walks to spot 1.280 162 -29 in zone 1 in 5
&pan to zone 1 in 5

How I would code this:
@MC stands upscreen left
@MC walks to spot 1.280 189 -12 in zone 2 in 3
@pause for 2
&pan to zone 1 in 5
@MC walks to spot 1.280 162 -29 in zone 1 in 5

What the outcome will be:
The MC first appears upscreen left and then walks to spot 1.280 189 -12 in zone 2 in 3 seconds.
There is a pause for 2 seconds after the MC reaches the spot.
Then the MC walks to spot 1.280 162 -29 in zone 1 in 5 seconds and the camera follows MC to zone 1 in 5 seconds.

I’m not sure if this is what you want but give it a try!

1 Like

Try just simply changing the &pan to command to @pan to

The only thing is, the narration will happen after she reaches her end position.

I think the problem is probably that you’re tapping the narration bubble too quickly. If you want it to run smoothly, you would need to tske five seconds to read and tap the narration bubble to ensure the character then doesnt slide if that makes sense. Or you can put a pause after the narration bubble.

Also in the first part of your code you are using & so you’re MC is performing several commands at the same time including standing up screen left, walking and a spot direction to the specific spot (that you already have her walking to)

1 Like

Hi

1. &MC stands upstreen left AND MC walks … - you make her do 2 different things in the same time beter would be eater

@MC stands upscreen left
@MC walks…

or
&MC stands upscreen left THEN MC walks

1. you use & so the first walking is happening together with the pause - but you walk her for 3 seconds while the pause is only 2 seconds

Than means the next walking command will start sooner then she will finish the first walking - thats most likely the reasons for the glitch you are experiencing.

So I would do it this way:

@MC stands upsreen left
@MC walks to spot 1.280 189 -12 in zone 2 in 3
&MC walks to spot 1.280 161 -29 in zone 1 in 5
&pan to zone 1 in 5
NARR

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.