Character won't perform the animations

My Character has had a long day at school and she decided to leave early to come home. The problem is where the animations are places she only seems to do the animations where she walks and it’s in rear.

She goes back into idle when the animation is idle_rear

&TEENAGE MARIE walks to spot 1.280 183 56 in 3 AND TEENAGE MARIE is walk_neutral_rear AND TEENAGE MARIE faces right
@pause for 3

&TEENAGE MARIE is idle_rear
@pause for 2

&TEENAGE MARIE walks to spot 0.822 182 240 in 3 AND TEENAGE MARIE is walk_neutral_rear AND TEENAGE MARIE faces right
@pause for 3

&TEENAGE MARIE is idle_rear
@pause for 2

&TEENAGE MARIE starts tinker_stand_neutral_loop_rear AND TEENAGE MARIE faces right
@pause for 2

That is odd, I could get the first idle_rear to work, but not the second. :thinking: No matter what I did, it just skipped it.

Using an & and then a pause for the same length is a kinda strange way to do it though (I can say that 'cause I do the same all the time lmao).

I don’t know why it’s not working the way you have it, but I do know that you can make it work by doing this:

@TEENAGE MARIE walks to spot 0.822 182 240 in 3 AND TEENAGE MARIE is walk_neutral_rear AND TEENAGE MARIE faces right THEN TEENAGE MARIE is idle_rear
@pause for 2

^ You might have to edit the length of the pause, because “idle_rear” has its own animation time of roughly 1 second. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Alright thanks :thinking: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Is there any solution towards this small issue?

&TEENAGE MARIE moves to layer -1
&TEENAGE MARIE walks to spot 0.760 145 286 in 3 AND TEENAGE MARIE is walk_neutral_rear AND TEENAGE MARIE faces right
@pause for 4

@TEENAGE MARIE starts slapface_give_angry AND TEENAGE MARIE faces right
@pause for 1

The character just forgets to do the slapface animation and stands there. Doing nothing but Idle. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

:thinking: I can’t re-create the issue, when I run it, the character slaps just fine.

All I can suggest is rewording it:

@TEENAGE MARIE walks to spot 0.760 145 286 in 3 AND TEENAGE MARIE is walk_neutral_rear AND TEENAGE MARIE faces right
@pause for 1
@TEENAGE MARIE is slapface_give_angry

OR
@TEENAGE MARIE walks to spot 0.760 145 286 in 3 AND TEENAGE MARIE is walk_neutral_rear AND TEENAGE MARIE faces right THEN pause for 1 THEN TEENAGE MARIE is slapface_give_angry

:woman_shrugging: The code is being rebellious today lmao.

1 Like

:sob: :joy:
Tell me about it. Sometimes the coding isn’t bad and today it’s just a mess.

1 Like

Hey :sweat_smile: :sneezing_face: can you help me with another one of my characters?

So my main character is talking to her friends and her love interest. They enter the screen and come next to her. The love interest runs up behind her and hugs her.

The problem is that when they run to the main character. They all go idle for a couple of mins and do the rest of the animations.

Heres the code

&JACK walks to spot 1.081 163 71 in 2 AND JACK faces left AND JACK is run_neutral_loop_rear THEN JACK starts idle_rear
@EM walks to spot 1.112 94 61 in 2 AND EM is walk_worried_loop AND HARRY walks to spot 1.105 39 69 in 2 AND HARRY is walk_worried_loop

&HARRY is think_rubchin AND EM is idle_phone_sad_loop
@pause for 2

sound off

&EM starts idle_sad_timid_loop AND HARRY starts think_rubchin AND JACK is hug_talk_neutral_loop_rear
SPARE
It’s alright, Marie.
@pause for a beat

I don’t know if there’s any way to fix this small piece.

:thinking: I wasn’t able to re-create the issue, when I paste just that part into a test story, everything runs fine.

All I can suggest is that, before this line:

that you put a little
@pause for 0.1

I don’t know why, but sometimes when characters start rebelling against their animation code, a “@pause for 0.1” in the nearby area will get them to behave lol. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Closed: Marked as solved by thread op :v: