Characters and diversity done correctly

HEY! Are you SICK and TIRED of annoying STEREOTYPES on Episode? I don’t need to go into more detail right?

I wanna create a thread so we can all share our ideas when creating diversity in our characters (so we don’t do it wrong). Some of us are more experienced with a topic that someone else is probably isn’t. For example, like coming out, or feeling like you don’t belong to a certain country because of your skin colour, bullying, eating disorders and many more.

So my idea is that we can share ideas about characters (POC or LGBTQ+ or whatever, that have set of unique traits that defy generic stereotypes… even add a picture of them so people can gain inspiration when writing!

5 Likes

Can I get help. I am trying to create a miz character with a white dad and black mom. I tried to ask in poll and I all vote not that they don’t look right. but no one says how to improve them

298461_2476162229687_1009067815_n

Personally I’d maybe make his skin colour a 4 or 5. For example Neutral 4 or Gold 5. Think Steph Curry? Maybe let him have curlier hair. I’m not 100% sure though, I’m of Asian descent.

1 Like

This is River. She’s from South Africa, and she moved to Canada when she was nine for better cancer treatment.

1 Like

Maybe I can help as Im mixed?
Maybe darken the eyes to like brown black (I think they’re called in LL) and have the hair a bit shorter?
I don’t think I’m as good as I thought I’d be :joy:

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner category. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink: