Characters appearing seconds later after background

Hello,
I’m having trouble with characters, I’ve read the directing tips guide, and I’m not getting what I am seeking. In some scenes when you want the character to appear late to give it a teleport look. what’s happening is that, when I don’t want it to. I tried transitioning in seconds, panning. I have this problem in my first story I am on my second and this is driving me crazy. Can someone PLEASE tell me what am I doing wrong?

Can you show ss of your script?

If you use a transition into the background, you have to place your character before the transition using & command.

If you pan to another zone, you have to place your character in that zone (use & ) and then pan if you already want them to be standing there.

Ok, hold on…

I put him as walking because I wanted him spotted and that’s when the teleport looks happens.

Try putting your character changes after the pan

1 Like

It worked thank you so much! :heart: :heart: :heart: It drove me crazy for the longest, thank you!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Hahaa, no problem! :v: :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

That’s why you guys are the professionals!

Omggg, stoooop (I didn’t even realize the character showed up at character changes until recently :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

Well, you just helped me a whole bunch and I really appreciate it. I had this problem for a long time and I just had to seek answers for it. I read the directing tips, I don’t believe I saw that in there. Maybe I missed it, but you just saved me another head pounder and for that I am truly thankful! :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.