Characters keep jumping into idle position between walking?

Hi, I have a problem with my spot directing.
For some reason, in between walking to the different spots, the characters keep jumping into the idle position. I added the @NELIA is sleep_sit_neutral_loop AND LANDON is idle_box_carry_neutral_loop in between spots to try and fix it, but it didn’t change anything.

INT. LUXURY PENTHOUSE BEDROOM - DAY

@cut to zone 3

@zoom on 958 235 to 149% in 0

@NELIA spot 0.684 355 258 AND NELIA faces right AND NELIA starts sleep_sit_neutral_loop AND NELIA moves to layer 3
@LANDON spot 0.745 390 223 AND LANDON faces left AND LANDON starts walk_box_neutral_loop AND LANDON moves to layer 2

@pause for a beat

@LANDON walks to spot 0.745 253 224 AND LANDON faces left AND LANDON is walk_box_neutral_loop AND NELIA walks to spot 0.684 218 259 AND NELIA faces right AND NELIA is sleep_sit_neutral_loop

@NELIA is sleep_sit_neutral_loop AND LANDON is idle_box_carry_neutral_loop

@LANDON walks to spot 0.745 249 200 AND LANDON faces left AND LANDON is idle_box_carry_neutral_loop AND NELIA walks to spot 0.684 214 235 AND NELIA faces right AND NELIA is sleep_sit_neutral_loop

@NELIA is sleep_sit_neutral_loop AND LANDON is idle_box_carry_neutral_loop

@pause for a beat

Is this fixable, and if so, how?
Thanks so much in advance!

xx Sowayya

I’m not sure because I code differently than most people but try:

&CHAR walks to spot x y in t AND CHAR does it while animation

Or maybe try spotting them before you cut to zone?

Let me know if it doesn’t work!

I mean that’s pretty much what I did … it’s just that no matter what I write, in between lines, the characters just randomly stand there doing the idle animation for a split second, like 3 times overall

1 Like

@LANDON spot 0.745 390 223 AND LANDON faces left AND LANDON is idle_box_neutral_loop AND LANDON moves to layer 2 THEN LANDON walks to spot 0.745 253 224 in zone 3 in 3 AND LANDON faces left AND LANDON does it while walk_box_neutral_loop AND NELIA walks to spot 0.684 218 259 in zone 3 in 3 AND NELIA faces right AND NELIA does it while sleep_sit_neutral_loop THEN LANDON starts idle_box_neutral_loop AND NELLI starts sleep_sit_neutral_loop

My changes are in bold. You can try this, but you may need to adjust the animation names since I don’t have the animation catalog with me.

okay thank you so much!

1 Like