Characters moving while "rear"

I’m trying to do a scene where there’s characters looking through a window into the “coffee shop”.
Whenever I have characters ANDRE and YOU move while they are rear, they’re facing the wrong direction even when I have them facing the right way earlier in the scene. Please help thank you.

INT. REDBAKERY - DAY
@cut to zone 2
@zoom on 377 352 to 174% in 0
&YOU spot 0.886 406 166 in zone 2 AND YOU faces right AND YOU is rear
&ANDRE spot 0.985 -96 142 in zone 2 AND ANDRE faces left AND ANDRE is rear
&JESSE spot 0.652 76 325 in zone 2 AND JESSE faces left AND JESSE is rear
&BARISTA spot 0.571 163 370 in zone 2 AND BARISTA faces left AND BARISTA is idle
&BARISTA moves to layer 1 AND JESSE moves to layer 3
&YOU moves to layer 7 AND ANDRE moves to layer 7

&overlay BAKERY WINDOW DAY create
&overlay BAKERY WINDOW DAY shifts to -667 -75 in zone 2
&overlay BAKERY WINDOW DAY to layer 6
&overlay BAKERY WINDOW DAY scales to 2.397 2.397
&overlay BAKERY WINDOW DAY opacity 0 in 0

&overlay BAKERY create
&overlay BAKERY shifts to -308 11 in zone 2
&overlay BAKERY to layer 2
&overlay BAKERY scales to 0.973 0.973
&overlay BAKERY opacity 1 in 0

@transition fade in black in 1
&BARISTA is talk_reassure
@pause for 1
&JESSE is talk_rear
@pause for 1
&zoom on 0 0 to 100% in 5
@pause for 0.1

@overlay BAKERY WINDOW DAY opacity 1 in 3
@ANDRE faces left AND YOU faces right
@ANDRE walks to spot 0.985 75 142 in 3 AND ANDRE does it while rear AND YOU walks to spot 0.886 217 166 in 3 AND YOU does it while rear
@ANDRE faces left AND ANDRE is rear AND YOU faces right AND YOU is rear
@pause for 4

Try:
@ANDRE faces left AND YOU faces right
@ANDRE walks to spot 0.985 75 142 in 3 AND ANDRE does it while rear AND YOU walks to spot 0.886 217 166 in 3 AND YOU does it while rear
&ANDRE faces left AND ANDRE is rear AND YOU faces right AND YOU is rear
@pause for 4

No, as their moving YOU is facing right and ANDRE is facing left, but they go back to facing the right way after they finish moving

Sorry, I’m a bit confused. They’re moving incorrectly as they’re walking?

Sorry if this is confusing. I have ANDRE and YOU facing rear as they’re moving so it’s like their sliding on the ground for my scene. I want ANDRE facing left while he is rear and while he’s moving. YOU is the same thing but I want her facing right. When they are moving at the same time. YOU is facing left AND ANDRE is facing right. But when I checked my script, i don’t understand why they aren’t facing the way I want them to. Hopefully that makes it. a bit clearer.

&ANDRE walks to spot 0.985 75 142 in 3 AND ANDRE does it while rear AND ANDRE faces left THEN ANDRE is rear AND ANDRE faces left
@YOU walks to spot 0.886 217 166 in 3 AND YOU does it while rear AND YOU faces right THEN YOU is rear AND YOU faces right
@pause for 4

When doing rear animations I always put the direction afterwards otherwise I always have glitches. Hopefully this will work for you :slight_smile:

Yes it worked thank you sm!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.