Character's Name

Hey,

I decided to add a new feature to my story at the fourth chapter: choosing a name. But one of my friends was currently at chapter three and she said that she haven’t got a name like before instead she had the name of the command’s title (FIRSTNAME). To solve that I started adding the feature to each of the chapters but with one condition if the name is empty. So is it going to make it the way I imagined or not in your opinion? And if not then do you have any ideas or suggestions?

label name_input

if (FIRSTNAME is “FIRSTNAME”) {
NADJA (talk_happy_hold_microphone)
But first please set your name

NARR
What's your name?

input What’s Your First Name?|What’s Your First Name?|Done(FIRSTNAME)

} else {continue}

if (FIRSTNAME is “”) {
NARR
Please enter a name!

goto label name_input
}
else{continue}

Question: I solved it, up you can see the fixed script.

Thank you for your help and attention!

Try this name
Scarlett :heart:

Can u explain what you’re asking? I’m not sure I understand

I’m sorry but you misunderstood my question with that feature my readers are the ones who chooses the name.

Oops… sorry

I’m sorry so I added to the fourth chapter an opportunity for the readers to choose their own names. But I also added it to the first chapter because I thought why not. And then my friend texted me saying that she is currently at chapter three (which means that she couldn’t set a name because when I updated my story she has already read the first two so she needed to read a chapter without having a name).
To solve her problem I added a command which lets readers set their name again if they don’t have one. So the question is that they don’t have a name, right? Since they couldn’t set it. Or did the program add automatically a name?

1 Like

it will just say NAME i believe until they choose it themselves

Yeah, I know but is it empty?

wdym empty?

Check the post again I added the command I was talking about. It goes alive if their name is nothing. Empty.

hold up, why are u using the if else code?

Because the new readers who will start with the updated first chapter can set a name. So if someone has already chosen a name they won’t have this thing pop up.

but i dont understand how that would work. the if else code is for remembering a choice, whereas there’s nothing to remember here

so if nothing to remember then its not empty its just non-existing? Right?

when saying there’s nothing to remember i meant that using the if else code means u want to remember the choice being made at this moment so u can use it later in the chapter or story.
also i’m not sure what your asking is empty so i cant answer that

I’d just change the name title to “YOU” until they’re able to choose their name

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.