Characters not showing up on web previewer

Hi Friends, I’m just starting to write a Limelight story and am having trouble previewing it using the web previewer (I can’t use my mobile device at this time). The background and dialogue boxes show up fine but my characters do not appear. I actually can see them slightly off the side of the screen and they appear to be inside of a box… what am I doing wrong???

1 Like

Are you sure there’s nothing wrong with where you placed them (and that you placed them in the right zone?)

1 Like

Yes I’m sure. I’ve used simple direction like character enters from left to screen center. The weird thing is, everything shows up fine when I view my other story which was written in Ink.

1 Like

Did you perhaps do a AND CHARACTER is walk_neatral or something and it’s not right?

1 Like

Nothing like that. I just wrote @LENA enters from left to screen center
The background is showing fine but my character doesn’t appear except I can slightly see what appears to be part of some sort of box off the left of the preview screen with my character inside of it.

1 Like

Do you mind sending me a screenshot of the code?

1 Like

YEAH Bintang we need to see the script

I’ve been having this issue too, I’m guessing the web previewer is quite buggy, hopefully they fix it soon.

1 Like

IK, when that happens i have to reset, it. or sometimes even delete it. i don’t think its the script though

If it’s not a script issue then this thread doesn’t belong in directing help and tips. Please share your script with the community since they are more then happy to help. If you don’t want to and feel it’s an issue with the writers portal then this thread has to be moved to the correct sub forum. Thanks

I wasn’t sure what was causing my issue, therefore I placed my question in the field I thought would be most helpful. I also shared screenshots which are no longer showing in this thread but I received feedback from others who didn’t think it had anything to do with a directing error. I placed a ticket with the help desk so this can be closed. Thank you for you assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.