Characters stand in front of the overlay

Hello everyone! I hope someone would help me in this weird situation.
The deal is, I was writing a scene with a car overlay (I had to add the car myself) and everything was normal in the web preview, but when I played this scene in a mobile app, all episodes with overlays were corrupted. My characters were actually standing in front of the cars, and that’s weird because in the web preview they behaved correctly. I tried to fix it with layers, but, for some reason, they didn’t work (maybe I did something wrong). So… I’m left clueless.
Has anyone else ever had the same problem? How did you deal with it? I’ll be grateful for any useful advice!

Just add proper layers :slight_smile: to make sure it’s working correctly. I always add layer even if my character is behind just to be sure.

can you show your script?

Sure! Thanks!

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - DAY with CAR SIDE PURPLE to 1.000 -40 -25
@CH1 spot 1.451 203 -157 and CH1 faces right and CH1 starts idle_loop
@CH2 spot 1.460 51 -166 and CH2 faces right and CH2 starts dustoff_neutral_loop

It’s currently without layers, I deleted them a few day ago :grimacing: Not very good at making them work.

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - DAY with CAR SIDE PURPLE to 1.000 -40 -25 at layer 1
@CH1 spot 1.451 203 -157 and CH1 faces right and CH1 starts idle_loop AND CH1 moves to layer -1
@CH2 spot 1.460 51 -166 and CH2 faces right and CH2 starts dustoff_neutral_loop AND CHAR2 moves to layer -2

just switch the layers if you want CH2 to be in front of CH1

Thank you so much! I’ll try that!

Closed: Marked as solved by op @hellohiwassup :yay: