Charli's medieval/fantasy background edits + overlays

LittleArtisticKiwi-small

Backgrounds I edited and want to share. I know there’s a shortage of medieval style bgs so here we go :grin:
For the moment I don’t take any requests maybe in the future.

Updated drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SFUr52bDsCpnEihWPi2hcgiJY7pyVpU6

Also, please checkout my other threads:

fantasy/medieval outfits: Fantasy/medieval outfits ideas -TAKING REQUESTS- [INK and LL]
victorian outfits: Victorian outfits ideas [INK] - TAKING REQUESTS -
general outfit thread: Outfit designer -TAKING REQUESTS- [INK and LL]

6 Likes

Looks awesome! :heart:

1 Like

I don’t think these are royalty free to edit and use. They come from deviant art.:thinking:

1 Like

i was thinking the same thing when I first saw then and I wonder like, “I think I\ve seen these before but where”

hm @charli23 where did u get the backgrounds from?

1 Like

Uh-oh, I checked my sources and indeed they were not royalty-free. I removed those backgrounds and I’ll try to be more careful and check twice if they are free to use, I am truly sorry for the inconvenience :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

it’s okay.

clears throat DON’T PANIC! IT’S OKAY!! DON’T PANIC!!!.…lol

Just be cautious when getting backgrounds from google. U can use sites like Pixabay.com and other public domain websites to do background editing if you want. :wink: So yeah, remove those backgrounds from the drive and in post. :wink:

1 Like

Castle day background (edited to look like an illustration)

before:

:heart:

1 Like

Castle winter edits:

before:

snow overlay : https://nicolesyblog.com/2017/12/08/free-snow-overlay/

1 Like

Castle hallway:

before:

1 Like

Garden arch:

Overlay used:

2 Likes

royal garden - day:

original:

Castle entrance:

original:

1 Like

Throne close-up view:

int-throne-close-up-day

original:

Warsaw_Throne_chair_of_Stanislaus_Augustus

Atrium:

original:

I L.O.V.E you.

I’m looking for medieval backgrounds for a small cottage in one of my stories, preferably with day and night versions, could you help? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that the crown from the reign opening?
AKA ONE OF THE BEST LOVE STORIES EVER

@charli23 if i wanted to use one of these backgrounds in my story, how do you want me to credit you? (if i’m even allowed to use them in my story, that is.)