:yay: Cherii's Story Reviews :yay:

The Good:

• The directing is everything :heart_eyes:!
  • I really like the Sci-fi look. Everything matched the genre.
  • I like how you put some much diversity into your story.

The Ugly:

• On the elevator, the door did not come from side to side, the door floated on top to the bottom.
For Example

• There’s really not much I can say here as well :joy: good job on this story! I can tell that you worked really hard on it.
1 Like

Thank you sm for the review! I will fix the elevator part & hopefully they wont glitch again next time :joy:

1 Like

The Good:

• I really like the idea of the story. It’s very interesting & unique!
  • I really enjoyed the way you put the story together.

The Ugly:

• Throughout the story, most of the speech bubbles weren’t in the right positions.
For Example

I couldn’t get all of it but these are the ones I screenshotted.

• Sometimes the characters just pop up on the screen. Try using & instead of @ when spotting characters.
For Example

I couldn’t get all of it but these are a few:

• You need to look back & correct when layering your characters. One character is blocking the other character & the character’s layering looks so messy.
Example

• A girl in the first episode looks like a non-black person but she has dreadlocks & a broad nose (which is all an African trait). Please change it (:
Example

• Sometimes characters are sitting down in one position (or standing) then automatically is in a laying down position. You should make the transition to a position. For example, if the character is initially standing, they should walk to the bed & lies down. Maybe do the jump animation so it can look like they were jumping to the bed to lie down. When the characters aren’t transitioning through positions, it looks messy & very robotic.
Example

I can tell you worked very hard on your story. However, I think that the biggest mistake you frequently make is the directing/ spotting. Try to make your characters be correctly layered (not on top of each other). Make sure you frequently move the speech bubbles to a good position when needed. (Good position means the speech bubble is pointing to the character or their month). Make sure you use & when spotting characters to their positions instead of @, so that the characters don’t pop up randomly. Good luck with your story & hope you enjoy this review :two_hearts:

I never noticed it… :neutral_face:

And thankyou for the review… And yes I am trying to work on my … directing… tho :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks so much for this cherii! This is my first story so please let me know all that needs work :purple_heart:

Name: Toxicity
Genre: Romance,Drama
Author : Halima :purple_heart:
Story description : you’re a regular quiet girl who happens to overhear an indispensable phone conversation with a feared mob boss. They say curiosity kills the cat, but will it kill you? CC + LL
Style: Limelight

of eps: 3 (more to come )

Cover:

1 Like

The Good:

• I love the directing!
  • The plot is well suited for being a romantic story.
  • Each character’s development meets its requirements!
  • I love the MC :joy: :two_hearts:

The Ugly:

• I strongly dislike Ryan :joy: :joy:
  • There’s not much I can say here. You did a terrific job on everything. There weren’t many grammar errors, the directing of each background, overlay, and character spotting were excellent. Well done!
1 Like

Hi there! Thank you for doing this! Here’s my story.

Author: liawrites
Genre: LGBTQ+
Summary: It’s 1948. Daphne, an aspiring actress, risks a secret affair with the CEO of Jupiter Studios for stardom. Things take a turn when she falls for his wife, Evelyn Neptune, on set.
Cover:

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5239410494472192

1 Like

Thank you so much :pleading_face: I am so happy that you liked it :heartpulse:

I hope I can score a spot in your reviewing list :blush::two_hearts:

Title: Treasure In You
Author: L.Q. Walter
Instagram: @lqwalter.episode
Genre: Adventure/Romance
Chapters: 10 (more coming soon)
Description: After discovering an old diary she believes will lead her to the location of a long lost treasure, she teams with an unlikely ally: a guy who is downright cocky yet wickedly hot!
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5342141547216896
Cover:

Hello. I would like my story reviewed. :blush:

Author: Mia
Genre: Romance/drama/action lol
Summary: Raven was always feared and envied…that was until she started working for the ruthless Blaze monroe. With a mysterious past, a new romance and dangers will she make it out alive?
Cover:

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6384353052131328

Hi! I have published this story just yesterday and I would be very grateful if I could get any feedback on it!

Title: Our Wedding Affair
Author: Mystique
Description: Attending her sister’s wedding, Eleanor tries to stay away from the drama that is surrounding her. Then she meets James and starts questioning her life values for the first time.
Genre: drama
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5349809620975616
Cover:

The Good:

• I didn’t get bored at all while reading.
  • Very interesting & intriguing!

The Ugly:

• Sometimes the characters pop up instead of walking to the position or manually being there. Try using & instead of @ to spot characters.
For Example

• When characters are finished talking, their lips is still moving or when they’re rear positions, they’re still moving side to side (because they neutral_talk_rear, something like that). Make sure they’re in idle or idle_rear when they are suppose to finish talking.
For Example

• The girl who’s in the rear position is talking to the MC, but instead of facing the MC she’s facing the boy. Make her face the MC
For Example

• Idk if this is a glitch but there was an outfit choice & I chose an outfit. But when I finished, a different fit appeared instead of the one I chose.
For Example

• The format is kinda off. The MC is so tiny & the Plus Size character is a little too big. Try lowering the PS & make the MC look bigger.
For Example

I enjoyed reading. Ngl, chapter one was a bit boring but the story become interesting in chapter two or three . it was still fun to read. Good luck on the contest & I hope you enjoyed this review.

1 Like

Thank you, I’d love it if you reviewed my story :purple_heart:
Author: @stargirl4
Genre: Drama
Summary: Everything about him was grey, like the smoke he exhaled. His hair, his eyes, his smoke,
his anger, his aptitude, his dreams.
Cover:

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6266207879233536
Ig: @/stargirl_episode

Thank you so much for the review. As for popping up, it did not seem to pop up in the web previewer, but I’ll still see.

I checked this – this wasn’t happening in this outfit choice. May be it was a glitch.

1 Like

ok i hope it can get fixed <3

1 Like

The Good:

• The plot really intrigued me.
  • It’s really unique and I love it!
  • I understand and love everything that’s happening so far.

The Bad:

• I think the biggest error in your story is your grammar usages. I couldn’t get all of it but these are the ones I got.
For Example:

Should be changed to: Yes, Jayla. I’m listening. You just talk way too much and I kind of zoned out.

Should be changed to: Why don’t you get yourself a best friend, that wouldn’t even talk at all.

Should be changed to: Girl, you didn’t think I was ACTUALLY mad, did yo-

Should be changed to: That’s my cue to leave. See you at home, Azarionya!

Should be changed to: I won’t let my only living son ruin this for me.

• Your speech bubbles sometimes aren’t in the right positions.
Summary

They all are too small and/or not at the center. They’re their below (near the speaker’s waistline) and not near the bust/stomach area.

• Sometimes, the character’s layering isn’t right.
For Example

You can see that the girl is on top of the trash can. You can make the trash an overlay (layer 1) and make the girl behind the overlay (layer 0)

The girl, who’s taking care of the MC, looks very small. Increase her size just a bit.

Zoom in the screen so it doesn’t look too weird and the characters don’t look too tiny.

The MC looks tiny. She looks like she’s in the backseat instead of in the front. The male looks a bit big. Increase the MC size a bit and lower the male size just a tad (:

Use & to spot the characters and the overlay car. When you used @ to spot the characters and the vehicle, it took a huge pause in zone 1 before coming to zone 2 and showing them. Same thing happened to this scene:

It took a huge pause before showing us the character and the background because you used @ instead of & to spot the characters

• Whenever you’re using transitions, it transitions but still appears in the same background before going to the next instead of transitioning to the next background. It’s possible you’re using @transition fade out when you’re supposed to do @transition fade in and vice versa.
Example

I really like your story, for real. I will continue like one or two chapters more. But the grammar errors kinda tick me off. I’ll suggest that you should get a proofreader before publishing so they can correct the mistakes you missed or didn’t even know they’re mistakes. I also suggest that you should get a beta-reader so they can show and tell you how to fix your directing mistakes and your storytelling! Thank you for requesting for a review. Good luck on your writing <3

Hey I would love it if you review my story I just started writing

Author: Yoshi
Genre: Sci-Fi
Summary: One party is all it takes for you to receive your second life. A life in which you are the hero. In your “normal” life you cheering “From the Sidelines.”
Cover:

Credit @Faintest
Style: LL
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5456564097581056

Heyyy tysm 4 making this thread. :blob_hearts:
Title: Smoke Then Lollipops
Author: 80
Style/Genre:* LL - Fantasy/Drama (Comedy on the app)
Cover:

Link:

App Summary

You’ve got quite the reputation in your city, but what happens when your soulmate is the biggest baddie in the whole country.Who gets to dominate and rule the game?[CHOICES MATTER]

More info:

The story is a comedy that deals with Rac*sm, classism, body image issues, bullying and results of peer pressure etc. - later episodes [TW]

My insta @Episode_80 ~💫