Cheyara's Art Contest! (Beginners & Advanced)

Please add advanced to your original post

1 Like

OKAY TO MAKE IT CLEAR!!
IF YOU USE ANY KINDS OF TECHNIQUES WELL IN YOUR WORK (SUCH AS SHADING, AND SPECIAL BRUSHWORK) OR HAVE BEEN DOING ART WORK FOR A WHILE etc
YOU ARE IN THE ADVANCED CATEGORY!

IF YOU HAVE JUST STARTED DOING ART AND CAN DRAW WITHOUT ADDING TECHNIQUES OR IT’S VERY LIMITED… OR IF YOUR ART WORK IS STILL VERY BASIC YOU ARE IN THE BEGINNER CATEGORY.
PLEASE LABEL A CATEGORY ON YOUR OWN WORK… IF I DISAGREE I WILL LET YOU KNOW
Thanks

4 Likes

Okay, here is my feedback on the art work you submitted, bare in mind it’s my opinion as an artist too.
You’re shading is well done, although it could do with some more depth with shadows added on skin and clothes, and light reflector points, for instance on his hair there is none.
The lines although done well in some places are a little shaky in others. I’d guess you’re using force fade but the stabaliser either isn’t on or is right down? I’d turn it up to make lines more accurate and neat.
You appear to have missed a chunk of his sneaker? (No big deal, just thought i’d point that out)
I’d suggest also to take into consideration the image size you will work with so that you can make the characters the main focus, here they are kind of small, therefore the background is outbalancing them and drawing more focus, if that makes sense, The characters need to be a bit bigger and bolder against it.
You might want to also colour co-ordinate your outline to match the colour a bit better, like on the boots, the outline is grey and the boots black, therefore the outline shows up over the top.
But it’s a good piece!
Practice the lines maybe with doing a few random outlines :smiley:

It’s not a stupid question, yeah it’s totally fine, it’s your work that you have created of course you can :slight_smile:

I love contests so ofc I’ll join.
Category Advanced

I’d also love some feedback!

4 Likes

I’ll get round to your feedback soon, when I have a chance :smiley: thanks for joining

1 Like

Thank you for the review,
The stabliser is turned on and all the way up, maybe because I draw with my finger the lines are a liitle shaky. And I didn’t notice the small missing part of the sneaker :woman_facepalming:t2:
Well, I’ll try better next time

Damn, that’s really good for a months experience.

Hmmm strange, I drew with my finger mainly, doesn’t do that. Well never mind :grinning:

Yup that’s really good for a month! And hard to work out, your outline and soft shading are good, although the shading could do with being a bit more in depth. Hard call I’ll let you know when I’ve woken up enough :thinking::slightly_smiling_face:

Okay I’ve decided to put that piece into the advanced category, as the piece itself is neat and although the shading is simplistic, it’s beautifully done, you’ve done great! :smiley: (Please ammend your original post to advanced :smiley:)

Again feedback is just my own opinion:
It’s clear you have your own style, the brushwork and line work is done very well, gives off a great 3D image.
My few comments, on things I can pick out on this piece are:
The eyeshadow colour, I don’t know if you wanted it to be so bold, but it really doesn’t work with the image in my opinion. However the tone changes you have used in it to make it from blue to silver is done really well.
I would advise some light reflection points on the metal of the jewellery, the chain looks a little flat.
Also some texture being added to the jumper, and some shading around the neckline would give more of a dimension to it.
The hair has texture for the most part which is good, and well done, I would suggest working on the hair line itself, looks a bit too smooth to be real, try adding some delicate small strand marks as it blends into the hair, and the few strands you have there will fit a little better, looking less random if you choose to do that.
You may also consider making the tips of the har slightly thinner, as it works along the style it will thin out a bit more than what you have so far.
Just some small points that I would do, but up to you.
Overall a really well done piece :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much! :revolving_hearts:
I’ll be working on this in the future!

1 Like

Here is my second entry-
Advanced

(I tried to put focus mainly on the face and hair in this one)

4 Likes

Could you give feedback on my second entry as well??

Thank you so much :heart:
Your art is really good too :grin:

Okay i dont mind doing feedback on things, if/when I have time, but that isnt what this thread is for, this is just an art contest page, this is not the same as the art training camp thread. Please understand that before I have everyone asking for reviews and this thread becomes lost in that and no art submissions.
Thanks

1 Like

Ok…I understand

I’ll pm you the review later when I have time :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ok!

1 Like