Childish things you've done

A lot of children have done a lot of childish things when they were little. So I’d like to know what you have done when you were little. You can also add a deep and long backstory so others can see themselves in that storytime or see the other side.

9 Likes

these aren’t exactly things i’ve done but: i had two dreams as a kid- either i live in a mystical forest in a comfy cottage with my pet raven or i live in a castle protected by a fire breathing dragon. and till now, my dreams haven’t changed :"> ik these are childish fantasies but i can’t help but think bout trying to make em reality sfhdfkhsk obviously i do have a cover up dream

2 Likes

hmm… A silly thing that I done as a child… was eat butter and sugar :woman_facepalming:t3: No idea how I discovered it, but I had a bad stage of doing it on the regular :joy: I don’t do it anymore, but when I’m baking, I can’t lie and say that I don’t have a tiny bit :skull:

2 Likes

:eyes:

Don’t want to flood this with all my stupid sh&t that I did as a kid. :joy: I was a smart yet dumb child. :joy:

1 Like

I was an extremely precocious child!!! Being homeschooled meant that when I finally did get to go to school… I was completely socially awkward!!! :woman_shrugging:t4::woman_facepalming:t4: The list of weird or so called childish things I did are insurmountable!!! So much so… I can’t even pinpoint one example!!!

2 Likes

OMG OMG okay so one thing that i did at my oldddd school in 2nd grade when i was considered ‘popular’, is i hired a kid as my freakin “bodyguard” and each week i would give him a new toy as a way of payment. i remember my first week i did it, i tried to sneak a teenage mutant ninga turtle action figure in my coat pocket and my grandma caught me and made me leave it at home :sob:

3 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

This is straight GOLD!!!

2 Likes

YESSS OMG!!!

at the time i didn’t realize how RIDICULOUS this was, but kudos to him cause he really got the job done and was the best bodyguard and the ONLY one haha :joy:

1 Like

:clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5:

I loved this!!!

1 Like

Lol I’m embarrassed… this is like a rlly childish retaliation.

My sister came into the kitchen after me spending 5 hours perfecting a tower of rainbow, pastel macaroons (they literally took years) for my cousins wedding. I was so proud. She was mad that mine worked & her cake didn’t so she tipped them all in the bin. (The tower of 70 macaroons) when I came back n found them there. I chased her round the house w person sauce and covered her hair in it. :expressionless: ngl that’s basically how a toddler would have reacted, felt good tho :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I was in 4th grade. There was this girl in my class who was just a piece of work. I got this kid who spoke Japanese to teach me insults. When the day finally came, I cussed this girl out! She was like “what” and everybody who got it was just laughing so hard

1 Like

My neighbor’s driveway was made of rocks, and as a kid I really liked rocks. Instead of just putting the rocks in my pockets like a normal kid, I’d store them in my mouth and sometimes swallow. I ended up in the hospital more times than I can count… my neighbors eventually got their driveway paved so it was all over within 3 months.

2 Likes

I lived in a very VERY Downtown part of the city, so there were constantly free full-sized samples at every corner from big companies that wanted to get the word out. I got a pack or two of gum, I specifically remember it being Mentos Red Fruit & Lime Tropical Gum (not sponsored). I used to go to the YMCA daycare/drop-in as a kid, since I wasn’t enrolled at school but just finished kindergarten in another country before moving. Anyways, I went to the bathroom (they let us go unsupervised, I guess? These weren’t kid-sized bathrooms), and when I was using the bathroom, I dropped the bag that I had with the gum in it into the toilet (don’t ask how I managed to, I just did). I took the bag out as nothing had happened. It was soaking wet. I went out to the kid’s area, took the gum out, and started offering it to other people. I didn’t want it because it was wet but was very surprised when other kids didn’t want it either. They were asking why it was wet and I said I don’t know. I ate my toilet gum all by myself. Yes, that’s absolutely disgusting. Yes, I did it anyway.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile::joy::rofl:

All of these stories are giving me life!!!

The most childish thing I remember doing… :thinking: Hmmm… Welp… when I was a young child… I was a very free spirit and very precocious. I am still a free spirit… but I do limit my “ free perception and spirit ” when it needs to be curtailed… I specifically remember my parents buying me a few new 6 packs of panties… and I was very excited about them because they had my favorite cartoon characters on them My Little Pony, Care Bears and Rainbow :rainbow: Brite.

So… the next day , my parents were taking me on an outing. 9 times out of 10 we were going to the Library :books:, Bookstore or a Museum because I was home schooled, and they provided me with my educational materials with hands on experience. I insisted on wearing a dress :dress: that day. My parents thought that was a bit odd as I usually wore my favorite jeans :jeans: everywhere. But they soon found out why I was so inclined to wear said dress. Welp… about 10 minutes into our trip we came across some people as we were walking to our destination, and I lifted up my dress so that I could show the lovely people the new panties my parents bought me :woman_facepalming:t4:. The people thought I was adorable… my Dad was not so amused. Every 5 minutes I was trying to show someone my new underwear. My mom kept trying to tell me that ladies are not supposed to show their undergarments to complete strangers. So I started asking the people what their names were first… and then I asked them if I could show them something. They said “ Sure ” and then I proceeded to show them my new underwear. :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

:sob: Best example of malicious compliance I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

:sweat_smile::joy::rofl:

My parents were very concerned with my ability to interpret the information they shared with me, and the manner in which I chose to comply with said information after I processed it!!! :sob:

1 Like

I have one! I had just entered 7th grade, and the way the school system is set up is that 7th graders are mixed in with every grade leading up to 12. This isn’t particularly important but it’s good to emphasize how used and gross my school constantly was because of the large capacity of kids. My best friend at the time and I would coordinate sitting out from gym class so we could have a ‘free period’ to talk. We sat at the very top of the bleachers and my friend looked into the gutter - you know that place where all the dirt collects from shoes, lost pencils, and just general grime? Usually it’s too disgusting for anyone to wanna touch, but she found a starburst. This thing was disgusting, I mean literally rancid. This thing looked as if it had been here for years and it was probably expired, on top of being absolutely filthy. For one, it had a footprint on it and secondly, there was an intense layer of grime that she had to scrape off. I look at this starburst after she “cleaned” it and I had the brilliant idea to give it to somebody we didn’t like in our class. Who do I choose? One of the mean girls that bullied everyone for no reason.I walked over to her and offered the starburst, I don’t know how she didn’t see how disgusting this thing was but she accepted it and ate it right in front of us. My friend and I busted out laughing and she looked at us like “???” as we just walked away, feeling proud of ourselves.

In hindsight, it was a really crappy and disgusting thing to do. We definitely shouldn’t have done that because she could have gotten super sick, but thankfully she didn’t & we had our sick laugh.

1 Like