Choice Within A Choice (Help)

Your gem choice needs to be named.
I haven’t looked at your script in depth though so I’m not sure if there are any other errors. :thinking:

If you are putting a label within a label that will cause an error.

Using color coded guide above, you’d:

:sunny:

1 Like

You can put a label within brackets. And it’s fine to write a goto like goto label, they mean the same thing.

I have written a goto in a bracket section, but if I have tried to put a seperate label within a choice I get an error.

You couldn’t before but then they made an update for it. Guide on labels and gotos: 🖤 HOW TO: Labels and Gotos 🖤

Thread discussing the update:

1 Like

choice [timed:12]
“I mean Rose is going home… I need help going back to the Art Room, I don’t remember where it was.” {

for this one it says “there is a { on line 658 that does not have a matching }”

Sweet it was a long time ago I tried it, I don’t really pay much attention to Episode updates, primarily on the art updates, thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

Could you show screenshot of your code?

1 Like

On line 662 remove the {

1 Like

Line 701, should be something like:

choice (gemname)
GEMS:5"Yes"{

So name the gem choice and put the GEMS:5 with the < > on the same line as the Yes option

1 Like

GEMS:5 (Gameredo) “Yes” { It’s asking if I forgot to put choice or if I forgot to put the name in all caps

Erase that, it goes next to choice

Example:

choice (GAMEREPLAY)

1 Like

Thank you. It’s working <3

1 Like

Hi so I’m kinda having another problem :sweat_smile:

Yes, ofc ask away :yay:

So since its a mini game I made the choices timed, and usually with timed choices if the reader doesn’t pick a choice in time episode automatically chooses the last option of the choice. I forgot to make the wrong choice the last choice so I switched it and now it’s giving me another error :sweat_smile:

You can make any choice the wrong choice, doesn’t need to be the last one.

These screenshots are from this guide: https://www.dara-amarie.com/timed-choices

If you’re still stuck, do share a screenshot of your code :blob_sun:

1 Like

Thank you! I will try this