Choices or no choices?

Do you prefer choices? If so, a ton? Very little? Or don’t mind if there aren’t any at all?

1 Like

I tried reading this story with an amazing plot but absolutely no choices and I just could not for the life of me do it.
I need to have my own personal interaction with the story or it just takes away the purpose of interactive novels for me personally.

3 Likes

If the storyline is good then I don’t mind no choices at all. Frankly, I read stories whereas I didn’t even realize their weren’t any choices because that story was that great.

4 Likes

I definitely prefer a lot of choices, but only if they actually impact the storyline/relationship/points and such. I also like the idea of choices as a chance to get to know the characters deeper. What I don’t like is too many dressing games and choices that are similar between options or something like “how do you feel about this?”

2 Likes

the point of episode are choices. i love choices that affect the story, i like point system. choices like “what music are you gonna listen in car” are pointless and i don’t like bunch of them.

3 Likes

I prefer no choices :smiley:

1 Like

I like choices as long as they are reasonable. Some authors make choices too hard and it feels forced as a result and they compromise character development and quality of the story because adding mini games is a lot of work in itself. The best story I’ve read that made me actually enjoy choices was Austentatious because it felt like I had to work for a happy ending and I felt so emotionally connected to the characters that I wanted to do whatever it takes to get the good ending and the rewards were worth it.

1 Like

Well it depends on the type of stories I guess . Some times they add to the stories

1 Like